CIV E160 Case Study
Case Study 20 Points due Hard Copy: Monday 12/1/2014 at the beginning of class
Late work will not be accepted
You will be required to apply information that you learn to the Case Study Tasks
Recommend using any of:
a) Select a Case to
San Diego State University
Department of Civil, Construction and Environmental Engineering
COURSE SYLLABUS CIV E 160 Schedule #: 20803
Statistical Methods for Civil, Construction and Environmental Engineering
Fall Semester 2015
Instructor: Professor Hosse
Reading and Comprehension Questions for Chapter 9
1. This is a correct statement of a statistical hypothesis: H 0 : x 10 .
False an hypothesis involves one or more parameters of a distribution, and the sample
mean is not a parameter.
2. A type
Reading and Comprehension Questions for Chapter 5
1. The probability distribution that describes the simultaneous behavior of two or more
random variables is called a joint distribution.
True see Section 5-1.
2. A marginal probability distribut
Reading and Comprehension Questions for Chapter 4
1. Continuous random variables take on discrete values.
False see Section 4-1.
2. The probability density function of a continuous random variable is a simple
description of the probabilities as
Reading and Comprehension Questions for Chapter 8
1. The statistical interval that contains a stated proportion of the values of a probability
distribution is called a confidence interval.
False this is the definition of a tolerance interval.