1. Upon meeting, Argentinians greet each other with a handshake and a nod while maintaining
eye contact. This tends to be a more formal way of introduction. Eye contact is an important
aspect as it portrays respect. In a friendly greeting both men and
Professor Jason Hemmens
Chapter 2 & 21 Quiz
10 Question 2 pts. Each
Tort is the liability for a wrong to another.
What are the fiver general loss exposure groups?
RTM 475 STUDY GUIDE
* Free time
* Unobligated time
* freedom - discretionary time (at your discretion)
Activity (passive or active)
- Voluntarily done
- During Leisure
- Satisfying to the individual
For Profit Recreation - Comm
Commercial Recreation ad Attractions Management:
Free time time that is yours, yours to choose whatever you want to do with that leisure, not
obligated to anything else.
Freedom needs to be completely free
Ex: Being for
Exam 1 - Study Guide
Exam will consist of 63 questions T/F, Matching & Multiple Choice Questions
Hey guys I made flashcards on quizlet and they have helped a ton heres the
Chapter 1 Management What Is It?
To process of getting goods and services to people willing and able to buy them, we in form it in
the right way and distribute it
The Four Ps:
o Product/Service: having the right product for the right targets
o Price: reasonable pri
Who in 1916 said that management consisted of 7 components?
What are these 7 components?
Who in 1990 concluded that even managers don't always know what the
Videos and Tours
Questions for the Exam
Tours (Seven-Eight Important Concepts/Facts from which questions will be chosen)
Ownership of the arena - operated by Associated Students on property owned by State
We have been always looking at the difference between humans.
We have always been trying to differentiate ourselves and study about it.
Because of the media, humans study why we are all different especially in the United
The Portfolio is intended to encourage your reflection on course topics in personally
meaningful ways. Your responses should be within the page length guidelines provided
for each assignment and no longer t
Education wasnt what he wanted to perform on the world, me included.
He was after transformation.
-Tracy Kidder, Mountains Beyond Mountains
RTM 404, Spring 2017, W 7-9:40
Larry Beck, Ph.D.
Office Hours in PSFA 445:
Tuesdays 10-12 and Thursdays 10-12
Study GuideMountains Beyond Mountains
RTM 404: Cross-Cultural Perspectives of Tourism
This study guide will be useful as you prepare for the readings quizzes. You do
NOT have to turn it in. I ask that you complete the study guide independently and that
RTM 101 Cyber-Day Assignment #1 (Fall 2016)
Leisure & Recreation: Generational Change?
Section I: Defining Leisure and Recreation
Here are two definitions of leisure. First, leisure refers to the time when you are free from work
or other duties and can re
1. Why do national parks represent America!
for the benefit and enjoyment of people democracy. in us, you dont have to dependent on
some rich guy being generous to you, thats what national park mean, it is a symbol of democracy !
the most beautiful an
History of Recreation in US
1. Eras of recreation Development in U.S.!
(1) 1600 Period of Adjustment Survived!
- Strong Work Ethic!
- Non-Existent Leisure!
- Strong Religious Orientation!
- Limited Form of Recreation!
(2) 1700s Period
1. Key Historical People Recreation and Parks!
2. Recreation Systems Management !
- Definition of system!
A group of interesting, interrelated, or interdependent elements forming a complex
- The emphasis is then: !
Na#onal Parks Discussion Board Assignment
Student: Jiawen liu 820978633
1. Why do na;onal parks represent America
Because the core principle of na;onal parks is the idea of America itself. First of all, it is a sy
- 35 1 !
- leisure is important: every state have rec. park 50!
- changing society !
- attitude towards leisure, recreation & play!
- the three approaches to defining leisure: time activity state of mind !
- recreation & play
Historical Figures Discussion Assignment
Frederick Law Olmsted
Student: Jiawen liu 820978633
Frederick Law Olmsted, with most known work in designing New Yorks Central Park, was a great American
landscape architect desi
Torrey Pines State Reserve!
- Climate : carbon dioxide .!
2.Public Lands: for all people!
3. Federal Agencies!
- Department of interior!
(1)National Park .!
- Department of agriculture!
Manzanar: Never Again
1. The Japanese Americans dressed their finest, got there early for transfer to camps, and they built
the barracks where they were to be housed!
2. The barracks where they lived were made of scrap lumber and tar paper,
1. Is Australia a country or a continent?
2. Australia is both a modern nation and an ancient one. Explain.
3. Australia is larger than the continent of Europe but with a population of
20,000,000 it is _ times smaller.
4. How did modern Australi
1. How many people live in China? 1.3 billion
2. Within what time frame will China become the largest economy in the world? 20
3. What percentage of the Chinese landscape can actually be farmed? Less than 10%
4. What happened in 1978 that crea
LAR RY BECK, PH .D.
One of the most exciting trends in
world travel is the interest of tourists
in enjoying the novelty of a different
culture and land, while at the sa m e
tim e providing help to local commu
nities. M a ny travel gro ups (s u
Study GuidePBS Documentary Untold Stories
Yosemites Buffalo Soldiers
These questions are provided to help you focus on highlights for the next exam. You dont have to turn in
the answers. From the PBS Untold Stories view the following: Yosemites Buffalo So
As stated in the narrative above the Toraja people of Sulawesi, Indonesia grew much
resentment towards tourists due to having to adapt their sacred ceremonies to meet the needs
of tourists in the late 1980s. As a result of the resentment some
Making Acquaintances: Dos and Donts
1. Meeting and greeting. When meeting someone for the first time or being introduced
during a business of social meeting ensure that you shake hands with everyone present,
including children. Wait for
17th Feb 2015.
The Underlying Truths of Advertisements.
Living in the time of consumerism, every company is in a vicious circle to establish
superiority over its market.From the start of advertisements to present day,
1. Science should be
b. Objective- free from bias
d. Predictive testable
2. Science should not be
a. Dogmatic- open to new ideas
3. Steps to Science
c. Test design (
1) Social science society , people
2) Geog social science yes and no , sometimes physical, sometimes nothing
a) Overlaps with a lot of ideas ,
i) Political science- geog
ii) Econ- econ geography
iii) Sociology- social geog
iv) Art literature
v) Bio geogr