Wednesday, March 15, 2017 4:07 PM
1. Whenever the marginal product is greater than the average product, average product
is _ .
Score: 1 of 1
2. Which of the following is an implicit cost?
Macro Homework 4
Due Sunday, October 25
1. To get a better handle on debt reduction, I would like you to visit the following website:
The Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget (CRFB) http:/crfb.org/stabilizethedebt/
. This is a bipartisan, non-profit
Due Sunday, September 27, 11:55 pm, online
1. Read through the stock market instructions and correctly sign up for the stock contest.
Buy at least one stock. What is your name in the contest and which stocks did you buy?
Note that I mus
Macro Homework 3
Homework 3 in Word
Due Sunday, October 18
For Questions 5, 6, and 7, use the simple multiplier formula:
Change in Y = (1/(1-MPC) x Initial Change in Spending
1. What is the main variable that influences consumer spending? If income rises
Macro Homework 2
Due Sunday, October 4
1. The Bureau of Labor Statistics www.bls.gov will release the unemployment
rate for September 2015 on Friday, October 2. Find out the new rate, along
with the changes in payroll employment and average hourly
Due Sunday, November 15
1. There are three key measures of inflation: the GDP Deflator, the consumer price index, and the
producer price index. The Bureau of Labor Statistics www.bls.gov will be releasing the producer
price index for October, m
1. The joining of the eastern and western sections of the nations first transcontinental
railroad was commemorated with the driving of the last spike on May 10, 1869
c. at Promontory Point.
2. The Willie and Martin Companies were
a. two groups
ECON 140 Section 10
GSIs: Alessandra, Carla, Caroline, David and Murilo
Internal versus External validity
Internal Validity: an analysis has internal validity if the statistical inferences about causal effects are valid
for the population being studied
Econ 102 Fall 2014
Dr. Tia Hilmer
1. The price elasticity of demand for bread is
a. depends, in part, on the availability of close substitutes for bread.
b. computed as the percentage change in quantity demanded of bread divided by the
Thursday, March 02, 2017 6:45 PM
1. Bayram had the opportunity to choose between two investments. The first investment
was described as having a 30% chance of succeeding, while the second investment
was described as having a 70% chanc
Submitted: Monday, March 20, 2017 10:35 AM
1. Normal profits are equal to:
negative economic profits.
zero economic profits.
Score: 1 of 1
2. In the short run:
the number of firms is fixed.
all factors of producti
U.S. HISTORY FALL SEMESTER 2014-15
FINAL EXAM REVIEW SHEET
SECTION 1: BEFORE THE CIVIL WAR
1. What does the phrase no taxation without representation really mean? Colonists had no
say in what taxes were passed, how many, how expensive, etc. they came up w
economic growth An increase in real gross domestic product or real gross domestic product
business cycle The short-term fluctuations experienced in the economy due to changes in
levels of economic activity.
fiscal policy Changes in
Chap. 3 & 4 Review Questions/Terms
Industrialization-Why a Gilded Age?
1. Causes of Industrialization?
Abundance of raw materials (coal,oil,timber) materials were cheap, didnt
need to be imported, led to mass production
Land Movement west allowed exploi
Study Guide: Whats Up With Religion & Native American Indigenous Traditions
Differences between different branches of religion, e.g., Ultra Orthodox, Moderate,
etc. : ultra orthodox/ orthodox conservative (right side), orthos (straight,
RS101 World Religions
Study Guide: Judaism & Christianity
Reading/Lecture Short Answer:
4 Covenants made between G-d and the Hebrew people: nohaic covenant( aka noahide
code), Abrahamic covenant (gods chosen ppl, mosaic covenant (arc of the covena
RS101 World Religions
Hindu Dharma/ Buddhist Dharma
Reading and Lecture Short Answer:
That Art Thou- means I am God and/or existence itself
3 ways Buddhism different from Hindu Dharma- 1) doctrine of anatta- no permanent soul
2) no caste syste
Study Guide for Chap. 2 Exam
1. The Whig PartyRepublican Party.
Were against the
policies of Andrew
2. The Erie CanalImportant use of
the 1800s. Ran
from Albany on
Hudson River to
money Any item that both buyers and sellers will generally accept in exchange for goods
medium of exchange Any item used to facilitate trade between buyers and sellers; one of
the functions of money.
unit of account A measurement u
Test: ES Biosphere | Quizlet
40 Multiple choice questions
1. A substance used to destroy plants, especially weeds
2. how much crop you grow on the amount of land you have
A. trophic level
2 March, 2:35 - 3:55 pm, in Dunn 135; please bring your student ID and a calculator
Stock and Watson: Chapters 2 - 8, 10, 11.1. Review lecture notes, notes on OWL,
handouts, both assignments, tutorials, practice questions.
Hypothesis testing in linear regression models: Part II
Stock and Watson: Ch. 7
One or more constraints under the null hypothesis.
H 0 : 2 3 and 3 4 2
H a : 2 3 or 3 4 2
Example 2. Test for overall significance of the model ("goodness-of-fit te
Please read Chapter 10 in Stock and Watson.
Consider a linear regression model with individual unobserved effects i :
Y it 0 1 X 1,it . . . k X k,it i u it , i 1, , n, t 1, , T
Here we briefly review three different estimation methods: the pool
1. b 257>165,112.5, then we conclude that the data suggests we did achieve the goal.
2. a ADP report more positive. Adp does not conduct survey but rather gathers information. BLS surveys
b. Medium business 50-499 employees.
Project 2 part 5
1. January 1977
2. November 2005 at 250.34, S&P Case-Schiller San Diego Home Price Index. Base year at 22.93. It has
increased 227.41 index points or 90.84%.
3. April 2009 at 144.43. Compared to the peak in November 2005 the inde
Survey of Consumer Sentiment
1. Are you and your family (living with you) better off or worse off financially than you were a year ago?
2. Do you think that a year from now you and your family living there will be better off financially, worse,
1. Assume a hypothetical column for Mar2015 existed and you see that the average hourly earnings are
$25 and the CPI for all urban consumers is 250. What would the real average hourly earnings be?
25 / (250/100) = 25/2.5 = $10 dlls p/hour
2. For Feb2015 c
CH 1Primary Macroeconomic Goals
Economic growth, Price stability, Full employment
Labor force At least 16 and actively seeking employment
4-6% unemployment rate = full employment
GDP - Marked value of all final goods produced within the economy during the