Questions & Answers
What are the four types of tissues? Epithelial, connective, muscle,
What is a membrane? Superficial epithelial sheet + underlying
connective layer called lamina propia)
-fertilization in the upper third of the oviduct/fallopian tube
-fertilization = union of egg and sperm to produce the zygote
-sperm must undergo capacitation after ejaculation increase rate of tail beating
-happens in the female system remo
3, 4, 17
1. What is the GOLGI APPARATUS and WHAT ARE they used for?
2. What is the CYTOPLASM?
3. What is the PLASMA MEMBRANE?
4. What are the FUNCTIONS of the PROTEIN CHANNELS?
5. What are the FUNCTIONS of PHOSPHOLIPIDS?
ANATOMY of CELLS
FUNCTIONAL ANATOMY OF CELLS
- The Typical Cell:
1. Also called composite cell
2. Vary in size: ALL are Microscopic
3. Vary in Structure and Function
1. PLASMA MEMBRANE Separates the cell from its surrounding envi
The Chemical Basis of Life
Biochemistry The specialized area of chemistry that deals with living organisms and life
processes. It deals directly with the chemical composition of living matter and processes that
underlie such life activities as g
1. Which of the following is not a function of muscles?
Points Earned: 1/1
Correct Answer: A
Your Response: A
2. The muscle's ability to stretch or extend and to return to its resting length is called:
Skeletal Chapter 8
What are the organs of the skeletal system?
How many bones in the human body?
What are the two main divisions of the skeleton?
How many bones make up the Axial skeleton?
How many bones make up the appendicular skeleton?