1. Which of the following is an appropriate intervention when unexpected
situations occur during the administration of a tube feeding?
a. If the tube becomes clogged when aspirating contents, use warm
water and gentle pressure to remove the clog
2. A scho
1. A nurse is ambulating a client. The client catches her foot on the bed frame
and begins to fall. How should the nurse best prevent or minimize damage
from this fall?
a. The nurse should gently slide the client down his or her body to the
1. A patient is incontinent of loose stools and is cognitively impaired. Which
action should the nurse implement to help the patient prevent skin
a. Provide perineal care immediately after a bowel movement
2. The nurse is caring for a client wh
a. Negative pressure wound therapy
2. The nurse is providing care for a patient who has a sacral pressure ulcer with
a wet-to-dry dressing. Which guideline is appropriate when caring for a
patient with a wet-to-dry dressing?
a. The dressing should be allo
1. A client vomits as a nurse is inserting his oropharyngeal airway. What would
be the most appropriate intervention in this situation?
a. Remove the airway, turn the client to the side and provide mouth
suction, if necessary
2. A nurse is implementing th
1. Urinalysis and urine culture testing have been ordered for a client who has an
indwelling urinary catheter. The nurse observes that there is currently no
urine in the clients catheter tube. What should the nurse do?
a. Clamp the tube below to access th