2. On May 1, Chuck Taylor formed Fast-Forward, a shoe consulting business as a corporation. To start the business
he invested $750,000 in cash. Enter the appropriate amounts reflecting the transaction into the accounting equation format shown below.
9. Western Company had $500 of store supplies available at the beginning of the current year.
During the year Western Company purchased $2,750 worth of store supplies. On December 31
of this year $375 worth of store supplies remaine
13. A company has sales of $2,530,000, sales discounts of $200,000, sales returns and allowances of $323,000,
shipping charges of $115,000, sales commissions of $234,000, net income totaled $863,500, and cost of goods sold of
21. The following series of transactions occurred during 2009 and 2010 when Linwood Co. sold
merchandise to John Moore. Linwood's annual accounting period ends on December 31.
Prepare Linwood Co.'s journal entries to record the above transactions assuming
The Coca Cola Company: Marketing
Introduction and Summary of the Company . 3
Environmental Analysis . 3
Political . 4
Technological . 5
Customer analysis STP analysis .
Risk Analysis in
Indian River Citrus Company (B)
In Case 12, Lili Romero and Brent Gibbs analyzed a lite orange juice project for the Indian River Citrus
Company. The project required an initial investment of $580,000 in fixed assets (
P age |1
P age |2
INTRODUCTION . 3
1. To analyse the importance of workforce planning and explain the difficulties. 4
1.1 Analyse in detail the recruitment requirements of a major company . 4
1.2Develop a programme of profess
formulating a marketing strategy
Marketing is one of the main drivers of any business and it has gained more prominence in
todays dynamic business environment where customers have a lot of choice and there i
Topic: Changing consumer behaviour towards use of Luxury cosmetic brands in UAE:
Analysis of L'Oreal, Garnier & Maybelline products
TABLE OF CONTENTS
2. Problem Statement
3. Research Purpose
4. Research Questions
5. Research Aim
All activities in this world take place through people coming and working together. This is
specifically true for modern organizations. These organizations conduct business and make
goods and services available to everyone
According to Bell (2004), Coca Cola is the worlds soft drink. Citing the history of Coca Cola,
the author says the first Coca Cola did not have bubbles. Dr John Pemberton who was a
pharmacist from Atlanta developed the formula for the syrup u
Leadership at Wal-Mart
Transactional and transformational leadership at Wal-Mart
Burns (1978) states that leadership can be of two types transformational and transactional.
Transformational leadership has been defined as the leadership style that changes
Lean Techniques for Optimizing the Supply Chain
Supply chain management entails supervision of movement of products information as well as
finances from the producer to the retailer through the supplier, manufacturer and wholesaler as
Failure of Wal-mart in Germany
Wal-mart entered in Europe via Germany in 1997 through acquisition of Spar Handel and
Wertkauf stores. Wal-mart changed all the stores of these companies into Wal-mart stores. Walmart hoped to replicate its US s
Enron: How Leadership Led to the Downfall
of the Company
Enron filed for bankruptcy in November 2001 and this led to a series of enquires and court cases that
shook the business world and general public. But this was not the only case of wron
Business Use of Information Systems
Globalization is taking over the world and the business environment is becoming more dynamic.
In such a scenario, adopting information technology and systems is becoming essential to
maintain the capability
What have been the major economic costs of the financial crisis
that started in 2007-8?
Comment on the scope of the proposed reforms to banks that
have been made since.
Do they go far enough in addressing the problems?
Economic cycle is the key attribute
14. During January, a company that uses a perpetual inventory system had beginning inventory,
purchases and sales as follows. What was the FIFO cost of the company's January 31 inventory?
Please show your work.
1/10/2012 sold 60
22. Prepare general journal entries for the following transactions of Viking Company, assuming
they use the allowance method to account for uncollectible accounts.
Doubtful Accounts allowance
Acc Rec Network
1. The accounts of Garfield Company listed with the increases or decreases that occurred during the past year are as
The only items affecting the equity accounts are: net income, an investment of $3,000 by the owner in exchange for
stock and divi
3. If the liabilities of a company increased $92,000 during a period of time and equity in the business decreased $30,000
during the same period, did the assets of the company increase or decrease and by what amount?
5. The balances for the accounts of Lance's Consulting Firm, Inc. for the year ended December 31 are shown below.
Each account shown had a normal balance.
Calculate Debt Ratio.
Please show your work.
6. At year-end, Harris Cleaning Service noted the following errors in its trial balance:
1. A credit sale for $311 was recorded as a credit to the revenue account, but the offsetting
debit was not posted.
2. A cash payment to a creditor for $2,600 was nev
7. The following trial balance was prepared from the general ledger of Hal's Auto Repair.
Since the trial balance did not balance, you decided to examine the accounting records. You found that the following errors
had been made:
1. A purchase o
8. The following are all of the accounts of Flaherty Company that have a balance at the end of
August. All accounts have normal balances:
a. Calculate net income.
10. During the current year ended December 31, clients paid fees in advance for accounting
services amounting to $25,000. These fees were recorded in an account called Unearned
Accounting Fees. If $3,500 of these fees are still unea
11. The following unadjusted and adjusted trial balances were taken from the current year's
accounting system for High Point, Inc.
In general journal form, present the six adjusting entries that explain the changes in the account
12. In general journal form, record the December 31 adjusting entries for the following
transactions and events. Assume that December 31 is the end of the annual accounting period.
a. The Prepaid Insurance account shows a debit bal
15. During January, a company that uses a perpetual inventory system had beginning inventory,
purchases and sales as follows. What was the LIFO cost of the company's January 31 inventory?
Pleae show your work.
1/10/2012 sold 60
16 During January, a company that uses a perpetual inventory system had beginning inventory,
purchases and sales as follows. What was the weighted average cost of the company's January 31
Please show your work.