Unit 1 Lab Assignment
1. OSI Model Matching (2 pts ea.)
Name the layer described.
Offers simplex, half duplex, and full duplex to systems to communicate
Translates data formats and provides coding and conversion functions
Unit 1 Lab Assignment Report
1. What command shows the complete configuration of your router?
2. What command is used to see the routing table on your router?
sh ip route
3. What three IP address types are needed with the ip route comman
Unit 2 Lab Assignment
1. Ping Utility (5 pts)
From a Command Prompt, enter ping www.ecpi.edu
Was the command successful? Yes the command was successful
Next, from a Command Prompt enter ping www.microsoft.com
Was the command successful? Why do yo
This is a survey for the company BizTech. This survey is to ensure that BizTechs
employees are providing customers with customer service that is up to the companys standards.
The survey will be given at the end of each customer service interaction, whethe
Explain the difference between active and passive listening. Identify two techniques for listening
actively when interacting face-to-face. Active listening involves participating in a
conversation and giving the speaker a sense of condence that
1. List three characteristics skilled professionals must display when facing difficult
customer situations. tact, diplomacy, positive attitude
2. True or false: Being empathetic makes you personally responsible for another persons
1. Why is the "first point of contact" for a customer so important to a company? Every
customer has a point of first contact with an organization leaving an impression. It
is important to manage that first impression of how the customer perceives the
IST120 Midterm Study Guide
Indicate whether the statement is true or false.
1. Today, the help desk is primarily considered a stepping stone to other professions.
2. A support center typically has a smaller scope of responsibility than a
Unit 4 Lab Assignment Report
1. True or False: Authentication can be used with HDLC. False
2. What commands will change the encapsulation on the serial links 0/0 and 0/1 from HDLC to PPP?
interface serial 0/0
interface serial 0/1
Group Assignment Customer Service Skills to Deal with Customer Situations
Dear Mr./Mrs. Customer Name
We here at SMT Cross-Channel Ferry tours are writing you today in reference to the
incident that occurred on
Chapter 5 Review Questions
2. List three characteristics skilled professionals must display when facing difficult
Tact, diplomacy, positive attitude
4. What is empathy?
Identifying and understanding another
How to check USB Device Driver Details in Windows 7
1. First consideration- Are you in front of the computer?
2. Second Consideration-Is the computer powered on?
3. Step 1 - Click the windows start orb on the bottom left corner
Remote Control Software
I deal with several companies that use remote control software to access computer and
or servers in order to diagnose issues that I may be having. One of which is BCS Data and
Voice services, they are the
2. Why is it important that calls are handled consistently?
Build trust and prepares customers
4. Describe the benefits of VoIP in a service desk setting.
Reduced costs, integration, and analyst mobili
Unit 5 Lab Assignment Report
1. True or False: All Cisco routers have a 32-bit software register which is written into NVRAM.
2. Which bit do you have to turn on to tell the router to not load the contents of NVRAM?
3. How do you access ROMMON
Unit 2 Lab Assignment Report
1. If you have RIPv1 configured on a router, what two commands will change it to RIPv2?
Router Rip , Version 2
2. True or False: RIPv2 will save bandwidth and CPU cycles on the routers.
3. True or False: IGRP is an update
Unit 3 Lab Assignment Report
1. What command(s) will create standard access-list 5 that blocks access from a host with the address
of 220.127.116.11, but allows all other traffic? access-list 5 deny host 18.104.22.168, access-list 5 permit
2. What comman
Part 1: Network Planning
Your company network currently consists of workstations, switches and a router. There are four
departments: Sales, Marketing, Finance and Accounting. Each department requires that they be
on a separate subnet, so you know you will