Self Test Chapter 1:
2. The term bit means? D - A binary digit which can be either a 1 or a 0 (Floyd, pg. 40)
4. A pulse in a certain waveform occurs every 10 ms. The frequency is ? C - 100 Hz (Frequency = 1/T so
1/10ms = 100 Hz )
Self Test Chapter 3: Logic Gates
2. An inverter performs an operation known as?
D inversion of complementation (Floyd, pg.114)
4. The output of an OR gate with inputs A, B, and C is a 1 (HIGH) when?
E The output of an OR gate is 1 (HIGH) when any OR all o
Self Test Chapter 4: Boolean algebra
2. A a sum term because it is the addition of 3 values.
4. C A, B, C, and D. The domain is the range of variables in an expression. Since the equation
contains A D, those letters are the domain.
6. B A(BC) = (AB)C The
Self Test Chapter 8:
2. B three inputs and two outputs
4. A two 4-bit binary numbers
6. B A > B = 1, A < B = 0, A = B = 0
8. B b, c, f, g
10. D several data inputs, one data output, and selection inputs
12. F both B (01111000) and C (11111111)
Self Test Chapter 9:
2. C When S=1 and R=1. This is invalid because it would make Q and
Q both HIGH which is a
4. B Bistable multivibrators. These are circuits that are stable in two states and can maintain a given
6. D An edge-tri
EET130 Digital Systems I
Unit 2 Lab Assignment
I pledge to support the Honor System of ECPI. I will refrain from any form of academic
dishonesty or deception, such as cheating or plagiarism. I am aware that as a member of the