Unit 1 Case Project Questions
You are a network administrator for Winslow Networking, a consulting company that specializes
in network solutions for businesses in the area. Three new college graduates, Jennifer, Moe, and
Lisa, have recently passed the Net
1. Yes the consultant was right. RIPv1 is not capable of using VLSM
2. I would use OSPF since not all of their devices are CISCO they need an open source
protocol. It should be set up on 1 router with the other 6 being set up as neighbors and
1. Yes installing switches will make the network faster. Switches offer separate collision
2. No. You connect your routers together and your switches connect off of the routers. Adding a
router between switches is a waste of money and wil
1. Global config mode
2. R2(config) # router rip
3. R2(config-router) #
4. The network addresses look good, except the .80 should be .81. The network address
should be one below whatever your interface IP addresses are.
1. I do not need to know more about the environment they are working in as long as they were able to
connect to the router. I would ask them if they know the passwords or if the device needs to be cracked.
2. The first password they will be prompt
CIS 207 Routing and Switching Lab
Unit 4 Case Project Questions
Your company has been hired by Hogan Enterprises to expand the capabilities of their network,
and you have been given the project. They have decided to first implement a new TCP/IP
Unit 2 Case Project
Moe and Jennifer have been sent to another client site to configure RIP on a clients router, and they are
stuck again and have called you. They were told to use the network address of 22.214.171.124. There are
three interfaces on
CIS207 -Routing and Switching Lab
Unit 5 Case Project Questions
There are several different types of routing protocols that are able to be used on networks.
Currently you are using IGRP which is a Cisco proprietary routing protocol that is a bit outdated.
Unit 3 Case Project Questions
CIS 207 Network Routing and Switching Lab
While you are having lunch one day with the new hires, you tell them tell about a friend that
works at a local company called IPCE that develops computer peripheral products. They hav
For their first project, Jennifer and Moe were allowed to bring a clients router back to the office to
configure it. They have connected it to an old PC with Windows 95 using the rollover cable that
came with the router. They have plugged t
Both use route summarization and selection. Both have good convergence times, although OSPF is a
EIGRP is a distance vector and OSPF is link state.
EIGRP is Cisco proprietary and OSPF is not
EIGRPs metric is based