A+ Chapter 9 Self Test
1. Which one of the following statements is not true?
- B. You can install the upgrade version of Windows onto an unpartitioned hard drive
2. What should you do before an upgrade if you discover incompatible software or hardware?
A+ Chapter 8 Self Test
1. You may use one these animated graphic objects to represent you in a virtual world.
- C. Avatar
2. What type of virtualization is used in distance learning for interactive presentations by instructors?
- B. Virtual Classroom
A+ Chapter 7 Self Test
1. How many pins are on the latest version of SODIMMs mentioned in this chapter?
- B. 204
2. What is the name for system memory used by the video adapter, and, therefore, unavailable to the
- C. Shared video memory
A+ Chapter 6 Self Test
1. What category of software is used by engineers to design complex products, allowing you to view a
design in 2-D or 3-D?
- B. CAD
2. This type of custom computer configuration often uses a special small-format case in order to fit
A+ Chapter 5 Self Test
1. Which statement is true?
- C. A PC power supply converts AC to DC
2. What is the name of the main power connector that goes between an ATX power supply and an ATX
- B. P1
3. The capacity of a power supply is normally
A+ Chapter 4 Self Test
1. This type of memory is volatile, used as temporary workspace by the CPU, and loses its contents every
time a computer is powered down.
- B. RAM
2. Cache memory uses which type of RAM chip because of its speed?
- D. SRAM
3. This t
A+ Chapter 3 Self Test
1. Use this tool to detect if a cable can connect properly end-to-end and determine if there is a short.
- C. Cable tester
2. What would you use to measure the resistance, voltage, and/or current in computer components
using two pro
A+ Chapter 2 Self Test
1. What makes up the layers of an operating system?
- B. Software
2. An operating system typically controls what interactions?
- A. Between the system and the human
3. Which of the following describes responsibilities of an OS?
A+ Chapter 1 Self Test
1. Which of the following is the correct fire extinguisher class for an electrical fire?
- C. Class C
2. Which statement is a true general comparison of the effects of EMI versus ESD?
- A. ESD can damage hardware: EMI harms data.
Unit 2 Review Assignment
Multiple Choice 5 points each
1. Slave and secondary DNS servers use what type of DNS record to determine if a request for a zone
transfer is necessary?
2. Which DNS record determines the destination mail server for a domai