Chapter 7 Codification Research Case
1. Identify relevant Codification section that addresses transfers of receivables.
FASB ASC 860-10-05
05-1 The Transfers and Servicing Topic establishes accounting and reporting
standards for transfers and servicing of
3. Compute the 9-year average total return for your stocks sector.
4. Compute the 9-year average total ret
1. a. EBIT: In Apples Income statement, the EBIT (Operating income/loss) is about 30.48% of the
sales in 2015.
It is increasing from 2013 to 2015 (from 28.67% to 28.72%, then 30.48%).
The trend is a positive indicator because increasing EBIT means that Ap
1. Net cash flows from operating activities: $81266m Inflows in 2015
It is positive, which means that the cash flows from operating activities are cash inflows.
Net cash flows from investing activities: $56274m outflows in 2015
It is negative, which means
along with TOOL
what we did, (c) then delete our scenarios and recreate them for yourself to make
sure you can do it. If you have a problem, retrieve our file to see again what we did.
1. Look at t
Supply Chains and Working Capital
Beginning of Class Discussion
Kohli Computer Corporation expects sales of
$450 million next year, and its cost of goods
sold should be 380 million. Also, its inventory
should average $30 million, i
Worksheet for Chapter 11 Questions
We use this model to provide practice with Excel modeling. The model is useful to give a sense of some of the issues involved in cost o
estimation. Each little piece is fairly easy and straightforward, but when the whole
TEST 3 NOTES.
More APPLIED than CONCEPT. 4.3-4.5, 3.1, 3.2,3.4
Jumbled up. Look at problem, see what you should do first or second.
Must see the different methods and understand which method to use.
Solving problems. Sections will not be in order on exam
Quantum of scholars
Sep 10th 2016 | NEW YORK | From the print edition
MATHEMATICAL wizards known as quants are prized
by trading firms in Chicago, hedge funds in Greenwich,
Assignment Print View
11/17/16, 9:47 PM
Award: 1 out of 1.00 point
Quick Computing currently sells 17 million computer chips each year at a price of $28 per chip. It is about to
introduce a new chip, and it forecasts annua
Section 3 Global Dimensions of Business
1. Which of the following is not an argument in favor of centralization in knowledge management
but instead is an argument in favor of decentralization?
a. Permits greater speed, flexibility, and innovation
Section 4 Global Dimensions of Business
1. The difference in formal and informal institutions that govern the rules of the game in different countries include
a. All of the above
2. As firms expand into more countries, they should rec
Section 5 Business Leadership
1. The contingency approach to leadership explains that leaders are most effective when they
a. Make their behavior contingent upon situational forces.
2. Contingency leadership theorists believe that in terms of shaping the
Section 5 Information Systems
1. Businesses use _ to analyze data.
2. A _ is one that is neither fully structured nor totally unstructured.
a. Semistructured Problem
3. The majority of DSSs comprise three major components: a data management modu
Extraverted iNtuitive Feeling Judging
ENFJs are the benevolent 'pedagogues' of humanity. They have tremendous charisma by which many are
drawn into their nurturant tutelage and/or grand schemes. Many ENFJs have tremendous power to
manipulate others with t
Section 4 Business Leadership
1. The consideration dimension of leadership behavior includes how well the leader creates an
a. Emotional support, friendliness, and trust
2. A leader who scored high on initiating structure would
1. The law of demand states that price and quantity demanded are
a. Inversely related, ceteris paribus
2. One major reason for the law of demand is that
a. People substitute relatively lower-priced goods for relatively higher-priced goods.
Your left, right, top, and bottom margins should be at least 1.0 inches unless stated otherwise for
a specific paper or manuscript.
You set the margins with your processing program using the page set-up command.
All line spacing
Section 3 Business Finance
1. The terms and conditions to which a bond is subject are set forth in its
2. The preemptive right is important to shareholders because it
a. Protects the current shareholders against dilution of ownership in
1. Which of the following terms does not describe one of the four broad categories of competitive
priorities that a company can pursue?
2. A low-cost operations strategy can be achieved by all of the f
Section 5 Business Finance
When a projects NPV exceeds zero,
a. The project should be accepted without any further consideration, assuming we are confident
that the cash flows and the required rate of return have been properly estimated.
Section 3 Business Leadership
1. A study showed the attributions of charisma are heavily influenced by
a. Members of a persons network
2. We know that charismatic leadership has taken place when
a. Extraordinary levels of devotion, identification, and emu
Section 2 Business Finance
1. The bottom-up method for forecasting sales:
a. Relies on the ability of sales personnel to assess future demand, usually without the aid of statistical
2. Following _ financing strategy takes advantage of shor
Section 2 Global Dimensions of Business
Managing Global Competitive Dynamics
Strategy As Action is the perspective that suggests the key is interaction in which actions and
responses can yield competitive advantage.
Multi Market Competition occurs
Section 2 Business Leadership
1. After receiving negative feedback about her company, the CEO showed double-loop learning by
a. Maybe we are not in the right business
2. The opposite end of the leadership dimension forceful is
Section 3 Information Systems
1. When executives talk about productivity tools, they really mean computer programs, commonly
known as software _.
2. Higher-level _ enable the use of English-like statements to accomplish a goal, and those
Section 4 Business Finance
Which of the following statements is most correct? Other things held constant,
a. The liquidity preference theory would generally lead to an upward sloping yield curve.
Your uncle would like to restrict his interest
CHAPTER 14: INTRODUCTION TO CORPORATE FINANCING
Firms have three sources of cash from which to finance their activities.
This chapter provides an overview of debt, equity, and internally generated funds.
14.1 Creating Value with Financing Decisio