Week 1 psych 355 essential statistics LUO exam m 1 question.
Exam 1 statistics 355
1 a study found statistically signigicant results for a hypotheis test with an independent sample
t test the author of the study reported her effect size for the test as 0.
EXAM 2 Psych 355 Statistics essential behavioral science Exam 2 LUO
1. According to cohens conventions, an effect size of 0.29 for a one-way within groups
ANOVA is considered to be? (Small, Med. Large)
2. Why cant a researcher just run multiple t test whe
371 psychology test 5
1. Although feminist therapy shares many of the premises of person-centered therapy does
not agree with the notion that?
2. The founder of Cognitive Biblical counseling is? Larry Crabb
3. Pre-therapy change is a solution-focused ther
A worldview determines our thinking pattern which in turn influences our action. The question of
existence can be answered by three possible solutions, simple, impersonal, and personal. The
first answer (Simple) is that everything that exists
As you go through your work, begin paying attention to Freud, Jung, and Adler. Talk about the
following: (Click here for referenced videos.)
1. In the Psychoanalytic video, what was the technique that Dr. Corey used? What did you
2. Jung believed
Since we are all affected by our histories, share with us the details of your most memorable
birthday or Christmas when you were a child. If this does not resonate with you, then share about
how you were cared for when you were sick as a child. What does
Essentials of statistics for behavioral statistics sciences SPSS LUO
1. In the formula =a+b(X), a is the? Intercept
2. Which of the following values of the correlation coefficient indicated the weakest
relationship between two variables?
3. The sta
Running head: THE CHOICE THEORY
The Choice Theory
Kathy L. Short
December 8, 2014
THE CHOICE THEORY
If you were to teach a person to fish the first time, that person would live their life learning to
fish. With this in mind Wi
Running head: CHOICE THEORY
Kathy L. Short
November 23, 2014
Corey, G. (2012). Theory and Practice of Counseling (9th ed.). Mason, OH: CenGage.
Demand Media. (n.d.). S
1. Who are the three key figures in contemporary existential? Viktor Frankl, Rollo May,
2. What is existential therapy? Best described as a philosophical approach that influences
counselor therapeutic practice.
3. What does existential therapy
Weaknesses of the Theory
o Challenges for cognitive behavioral therapy include understand cultural
backgrounds of clients (Corey, 2013, p. 316).
o The therapist must proceed with caution until they understand the clients cultural
background. In c
What is personality? As defined out Feist, personality is a pattern of relatively
permanent traits and unique characteristics that give both consistency and individuality to a
persons behavior. Feist continues with the definition of traits, Traits contrib
History of Theory
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) was first put into use in the 1950s by Albert Ellis
(Corey, 2013, p.288). Ellis was a psychologist who practiced psychotherapy and psychoanalysis,
but after years of doing so he was discouraged because
Types of Problems Theory is Most Useful
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) has proved to be helpful for many issues in life.
Some issues include helping clients to have unconditional self-acceptance as well as an
unconditional other acceptance (C
Strengths of the Theory
o Disputing irrational beliefs (Corey, 2013, p. 297).
o Biblio therapy and changing ones language
o Using Humor
o Role Playing
o Shame attacking exercises
o REBT works well in an elementary or secondary school setting, as
This week, take the time to compare Freudian Psychoanalysis with Carl Rogers Person-Centered
Therapy. Discuss your answers on the following for class discussion: (Click here for referenced
1. After viewing the video on Existential Therapy, talk a