Sample Questions Chapter 17
1) Per person energy consumption in highly developed nations is
a) increasing as oil prices continue to climb.
b) increasing as alternative energies are introduced into the mainstream.
c) decreasing as technological advances in
Sample Questions Quiz 2
1) Risk assessment estimates the
a) amount of resources needed to accomplish a task.
b) potential rewards gained from an event.
c) probability that an event will occur.
d) fine imposed for engaging in dangerous behavior.
2) The stu
STUDY GUIDE FOR THE FINALS
Environmental Science GENED 162
Your final is on Monday 7th December, 8am, in JEFFERS 133
1. The majority of the questions on your final exam (approximately 70%) will come from
chapters 12 to 16.
2. Pay special attenti
Introduction to Environmental Science
Study Guide Laboratory Final Exam (Wednesday December 2nd, 2015)
The final lab exam will follow the basic structure of the mid-term lab exam and will be taken in
our last lecture class (Wednesday, December,
Sample Questions Quiz 1
1) Families from highly developed countries.
a) have fewer opportunities for education, income and health care.
b) consume a disproportionate share of natural resources.
c) have individual resource requirements that are low.
Sample Questions Chapter 16
1) Solid material discarded by homes, office building, stores, restaurants, schools, hospitals,
prisons, and libraries is considered
a) green waste
b) nonmunicipal solid waste
c) municipal solid waste
d) sanitary waste
Chapter 15 Sample Questions
1) Species richness is higher when the community
a) is ecologically simple.
b) has environmental stress.
c) is isolated.
d) is not dominated by a single species.
2) Species richness is
a) the number and variety of biomes in the
Question type: Multiple Choice
1) The study of the processes by which the lithospheric plates move over the asthenosphere is
b) plate tectonics.
d) plate boundaries.
2) Which of the following is not a categ
Chapter 1 Sample Questions
1) More than 60% of U.S. land is owned by
a) the federal government.
b) state and local governments.
c) Native American tribes.
d) private citizens, corporations and nonprofit organizations.
2) The most serious problem facing gl
Sample Questions Chapter 14
1) Sub-Saharan Africa currently produces less food per person than it did in 1950, which means:
a) food insecurity has increased.
b) the population suffers from overnutrition.
c) environmental quality has improved.
d) less food
Sample Question Chapters 5 and 8
1) The layer of the atmosphere closest to Earths surface is the:
2) The Coriolis effect influences:
a) air pollution production in forests.
b) the percentage of