COMPARITIVE RELIGION NOTES
A) Indigenous Religions
1) Start to disappear around the Industrial Revolution.
2) Commonly occur in isolated places such as the Amazon, Northern artic region, and the
Interior of Africa.
Bar mitzvah comes into the religion after reformation.
Rebuilding of the temple and creation of stricter marriage laws such as no intermarrying
with other groups.
Basically invited the Greeks to invade because they thought they could sit down and
Cunningham, Scott. Book of Shadows. Woodbury, Minnesota: Llewellyn Worldwide, 2009.
In Scott Cunninghams Book of Shadows which casts some light on some Wiccan traditions.
This tells of where some simple Christian holidays and rituals come from such as Chr
What did emphases do?
Defend traditional teachings and practices
Renovate traditional teachings and practices
Change certain teachings and practices
Did away with all teachings and practices
What native Spanish holiday replaced ancestor
Western Civilizations I- Test 4 (Chapters 11-14)
1. The leader who united the Mongol tribes and began the conquest of China was named:
2. In the late twelfth century, the Mongols quickly built up a large military force by:
3. Why did the westward expansio
Whitley Duncan, Austin Smith, Cassius Williams, Courtney Swilley, Diego Ona, Candice Bullock
Christianity Chapter 9 Reading Quiz
1. The book of revelation was a book of encouragement for Christians that talked about_?
a) Decent of New Jerusalem from heave