CIS220 Homework Chapter 7
1. What is the primary difference between an analysis model and a design model? The analysis
model essentially ignores non-functional requirements such as performance and system
environment issues. In contrast, the design models
CIS220 Homework Chapter 6
1. How is behavioral modeling related to structural modeling? Behavior modeling is related to
structural modeling be the internal dynamic aspects of the system that support the business
processes. It also describes something that
CIS220 Homework Chapter 8
1. What are the basic characteristics of object-oriented systems? Classes, objects, methods,
and messages Objects are created from classes which act as templates, they can take action in
the form of methods and they send/receive
CIS220 Homework Chapter 10
1. Explain three important user interface design principles.
Layout - the interface should be a series of areas on the screen that are used consistently for
different purposes. Content Awareness - the user is always aware of whe
CIS220 Homework Chapter 1
1. Compare and contrast phases, steps, techniques, and deliverables. SDLC is based off of
phases which include planning, analysis, design and implementation. Within each phase there
are steps that help your get to the end of each
CIS220 Homework Chapter 2
1. Give three examples of business needs for a system. Improve customer service, Decrease
product defects, Streamline supply acquisition
2. What is the purpose of an approval committee? Who is usually on this committee? Approval
CIS220 QUIZ 1 Chapters 1-4
1. The process of understanding how an information system can support business needs,
design the system, build it, and deliver it to users is the D
a. analysis phase of the SDLC
b. object oriented approach
c. rule for creating a
CIS220 Quiz 2
1. A(n) _ of an analysis class is where the behavior of the class is defined.
e. abstract class
2. Which of the following will be converted to methods in later phases of the SDLC?
CIS220 Homework Chapters 9
1. Describe the four steps in object persistence design.
Select the storage format, map the problem domain object, optimize, and design the data
access and the manipulation classes
3. What is the difference between an end-user d
CIS220 Homework Chapter 13
1. What are the three basic steps in managing organizational change?
Unfreeze- preparing people and the organization to break out of their current way of doing
Move- transition from the old to the new way of doing things
CIS220 Homework Chapter 12
1. Why is testing important?
The cost associated with finding and fixing a major software bug after a system has been
implemented are very high.
3. What is the primary role of systems analysts during the programming stage?
CIS220 Homework Chapter 5
1. Describe to a businessperson the multiplicity of a relationship between two classes. When a
relationship exist between classes, the multiplicity documents how many objects may or must
be associated between classes in the form
CIS220 Homework Chapter 3
1. What are the key deliverables that are created during analysis? What is the nal deliverable
from analysis, and what does it contain? Analysis takes the general ideas in the system request
and renes them into a detailed require
CIS220 Homework Chapter 4
1. Why is business process modeling important? So that a requirements denition could be
2. How do you create use cases? Use case modeling is often thought of as an external or
functional view of a business process in tha
CIS220 Homework Chapter 11
1. What are the four basic functions of any information system? Data storage, Data Access
Logic, Application Logic, Presentation Logic
3. Name two examples of a server. Mainframes, minicomputers and microcomputers
5. What is the