Week 3 Assignment
1. What is nutrition and why is it important in food service management?
- Nutrition is the study of the food we need to keep our bodies healthy to live and
grow. Being properly nourished keeps our bodies free of illnesses and diseases.
1. Describe the following types of table service:
a. American Service: also known as plate service. Once guests are seated a waiter will take the guests
orders and relay it to the production staff who will prepare the food and portion on plates and
Week 9 Assignment
1. Define Uniform System of Accounts, what are its advantages?
- Food service organization use uniform systems of accounts which is designed for the hospitality
industry. The uniform system accounts system is sued because it can be easil
1. Menu copy can be divided into what three elements?
2. What are some common design mistakes?
- Inadequate or descriptive copy is a very common menu design mistake. Also having the print
too small on your menu can mak
Week 2 Assignment
1. List and define the steps in the Management Process.
Planning: The task of creating goals and objectives but also creating programs to
reach those goals and objectives
Organizing: Sorting and ranking the authority and communication
Week 5 Assignment
1. What is a Standard Recipe, why is it important to a Food and Beverage operation?
- A standard recipe is a formula for creating different food and beverage items. It specifically
lists the amounts, sizes and preparation for each item.
Week 8 Assignment
1. Who is on the planning team?
- In order for a planning team to be successful it must include the general manager, the owner,
and an architect. Together they will develop a concept and ideas for the future facility.
2. What items are t