Chapter 2 Study Questions
1. Explain the movement of water between body compartments that result in
Edema is an excessive amount of fluid in the interstitial compartment, which
causes swelling or enlargement of tissues. It may
Chapter 6 Objectives
1. Describe the basic characteristics of bacteria, viruses, chlamydiae, rickettsiae,
mycoplasms, fungi, prions, and helminthes.
Bacteria are unicellular organisms that do not require living tissue to survive.
Chapter 7 Study Questions
1. Describe the role of the macrophage in the immune response.
As scavengers, they rid the body of worn-out cells and other debris. Along
with dendritic cells, they are foremost among the cells that present a
Case Study 76
August 31, 2016
1. What is the relevance of this information to her disease?
Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) is an inflammatory disease caused when
the immune system attacks its own tissues. Symptoms can include fatig
Chapter 10 Study Questions
1. Name six substances that are transported in the blood and the function of
Oxygen, carbon dioxide, nutrients, metabolic and waste products, heat, and
2. Explain the importance/function for e
Case Study 60
1. What information is provided by the designation G3 P 2-0-2?
Mrs. I has been pregnant 3 times. Has delivered twice, had zero abortions,
and has two children.
2. Are APGAR scores within normal limits?
Yes. Both APGAR sc
Chapter 20 Objectives
1. Compare benign and malignant neoplasms, describing three differences.
Benign: a tumor with microscopic and gross characteristics are considered to be
relatively innocent, implying that it will remain localized
Anaerobic: Metabolism and function without oxygen.
Apoptosis: Normal programmed cell death in tissues.
Autopsy: An examination of part or all of a body, including organs, after death
(postmortem) to determine the cause of
EMS 205 Acid Base Handout
Name: _Lori Bamburg_
For each of the following lab values, determine if it is Respiratory Acidosis, Respiratory Alkalosis, Metabolic Acidosis,
Metabolic Alkalosis or Normal. Use the Bicarb level to determine if it is Fully Compen