PHYS207 Syllabus Questions
1. A clicker is used for your lecture participation grade (5%). If your clicker is broken or has dead batteries, can you still somehow get credit that day? (a) yes (b) no 2. How many attendance scores (lecture or recitation) can
RECITATION HANDOUT #0: Short Review of Trigonometry and Calculus
to determine the length D in the right triangle shown.
Express the indicated trigonometric values by using both fractions and decimals.
1. Use Pythagoras's Theorem
sne= B =
#3: lD Motion, Vectors
1. The position ys. time (i.e., x vs. f) graph shown below represents l-dimensional motion with constant
acceleration. Fill in the blanks:
(cerrt"r,6g-Tlr left) of the origin).
(a.) When /: 0s, the object is located
RECITATION HANDOUT #1: Representations of lD Motion
Problem #1: Description of Motion
At the beginning, the object is at rest at the origin. CONTINUE
Subsequentt, +he ob;ect moves toward the
rr$t wrth rncreasrrYB ipeed
RECITATION #4: 2D Motion
1. A rocket-powered hockey puck moves on a horizontal frictionless table. The
figure at right shows graphs of v, and v, , the x- and y-components of the puck's
velocity. The puck starts at the origin.
(a) In which direction is
', I ' (7.: _ 1
PHYSZOT EXAM1V1 _ 3p 5 ﬁn (fl/iii?
Name: First Letter of Last Name: Z
1) Determine the sign of (a) the position, (b) the velocity and (c) the acceleration on the particle in the figure.
(a) (b) ‘ . (c) +—
m Pi? 'i
University Physics II: PHYS 208L
Virginia Commonwealth University, Physics Department
Jan 19 Jan 22
Jan 25 Jan 29
1) Electric Charges (First Lab Meeting)
Feb 01 Feb