Histology- Study guide- Types of Staining
VI.TYPES OF STAINING
A. Polychroming 1. Process where a pure dye spontaneously forms other
2. Basis for modern blood staining
3. Example Methylene Blue => Polychrome Methylene Blue a. Dye in
Histology- Study Guides- Mordant Stains and dyes
A. Metallic salt or hydroxide of di or trivalent metal 1. Combines with a dye
2. Forms insoluble compound "LAKE"
B. Advantages 1. Dye is relatively permanent ( insoluble in neutral
Histology- Study Guides- Synthetic Dyes and Staining processes
IV. SYNTHETIC DYES
A. William perkins, mid 19th century, Process for producing Aniline (coal-tar
B. Real Importance - 1. chemical nature known, formula can be controlled
2. Can be used hi
Histology- Exam material - Quiz 1
1. The thickest layer of the wall of veins is the:
a. Tunica media
b. Tunica externa
c. Subendothelial connective tissue
d. Tunica interna
e. Internal elastic lamina
2. The basic tissue types found in large blood vessels
Histology- Class Notes- Hemoglobin and Neutrophils
RBC, Erythrocytes Hemoglobin ( 4chains. Ea chain hlobin, Heme
Biconcave why? partly due to the arrangement of the actin
cytoskeleton , lies underneath the plasma membrane, and partly because
Histology- Exam material - Quiz 2
1. Which of the following represents the primary kind of tissue found in the tunica
media of blood vessels?
a. Skeletal muscle
b. Longitudinally arranged striated muscle
c. Concentric layers of smooth muscle
Histology- Exam material - Quiz 4
1. As you go from arteries to capillaries, the fluid pressure exerted by blood on the
c. Stays the same
2. Sinusoidal capillaries are found in the:
a. Cerebral cortex
b. Thyroid gla
Histology- Class Notes- types of Muscles and pictures
striated, involuntary, branching Y
Intercalated Disks (@ Myocardium) cond
Histology- Exam material - Quiz 5
1. The femoral artery is an example of a(n) _ artery.
2. The typical diameter of a continuous capillary is:
a. 8 um
b. 16 mm
c. 4 cm
d. 24 km
2. 65% of the blood volume is contained within the _.
3. Of the following, whic
Histology- Exam material - Quiz 3
1. As venous BP increases, tissue edema _.
2. As cardiovascular shock progresses, sympathetic nervous system output _.
3. As right atrial diastolic pressure increases, VR _.
4. Which statement is true of arteries?
Histology- Class Notes- Veins and Arteries
Veins thin walls, carry blood back to the heart @ Low pressure,
Small veins cont. muscular venules, outer fiber collagenous
Medium veins inner endothelial cells on BM, narrow collagen