CURRENT BALANCE LAB
With Lab Partners
The objective of this lab is to determine the value of the permeability of free space, .
To achieve this objective a current balance, an adjustable current DC power supply, a
In this exercise you will model the behaviour of two circuits as a function of frequency.
The circuits are shown here with an AC input.
The goal of the model is to produce two graphs, one for each circuit and to use the results to design a notch filter.
o : 1.691440097E-006
1) Always true; field lines are a complete loop. They cannot be incomplete.
2) False; aligned dipoles in permanent magnets creates a magnetic field without the need of
3) True in certain circumstances; force on a charge due to magnetic fields is
1) False; electromagnetic waves do not constitute charge.
2) False; the intensity proportionally decreases inversely to the square of the distance.
3) False; the polarizations of the electron and positron are apart by 180.
4) False; the mirror and
1) False; it will be in the clockwise direction according to the Lorenz law B is increasing upwardly. So
to decrease the flux it should flow clockwise in the upper solenoid.
2) False; if I in the bottom solenoid is constant, flus through the above solenoi