1. What is the equivalent of the common stock account on a U.S. balance sheet on the
balance sheet of a British company?
D. Called-up share capital
1. What does "harmonization" mean in the context of international accounting?
1. In an Ernst & Young 2005 survey of 130 companies' Forms 20-F filed with the SEC,
what issue required adjustments by the greatest number of companies?
1. What types of differences can caus
1. According to Sir Bryan Carsberg, former IASC secretary-general, what is the most
significant cost of accounting diversity?
A. The time expended by accountants to create multiple sets of financial statements
conforming to different national standa
1. Which of the following groups is a supranational organization?
A. United Nations
B. Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development
C. International Federation of Accountants
D. All of the above
1. Determination of net prese