Chapter 11 Device management
1. Device driver:
They know how to do two main things: talk to the hardware device and talk to the
operating system and applications. They run in Kernel Mode just like the operational
system does, therefore they run at the sam
Understanding operating system configurations (1520%)
Configure Control Panel options
o Configuring administrative tools; configuring accessibility options
Configure desktop settings
o Configuring gadgets, profiles, display settings, shortcuts, and Aero c
Chapter 5 definitions
1. What is an applet?
It is a special windows application that stays in the Control Panel, which allows you to access the
settings of windows.
2. List steps for 2 ways to access the control panel (one should be from a command line)
Chapter 12 Definitions
1. List 3 examples of non-volatile storage
Hard Drives, Flash Drives, NVRAM
2. What factors do you need to consider when choosing a hard drive?
What storage capacity it requires.
How much read and write speed it requires
1. Provide step by step instructions on how to open and
run disk defragmenter via the GUI
-Open the Start Menu,
-Double click on to expand All Programs,
-Click on Disk Defragmenter
2. Provide step by step instructions on how t