1. How does receptor mediated endocytosis
differ from phagocytosis?
2. Explain the process of freeze-fracture
3. What property of phospholipids makes them
ideally suited to form membranes?
4. Compare and contrast active and passive
1. Briefly explain the location of the cellular
receptor and the mechanism of action of
2. Distinguish between synaptic, paracrine, and
endocrine mechanisms of cell signaling.
3. Describe the structure and function of Gprotein coupled re
1. When would it be appropriate to use an electron microscope
instead of a light microscope?
2. Discuss functions of the Golgi apparatus
3. Describe the structure and function of the different types of
protein fibers that constitute the cytoskeleton
Biology 122 Final Exam Study Guide Marcey 16/SP
I. Photosynthesis (light dependent and light independent reactions; electron transport chain; ATP
and NADPH production; carbon fixation; C4 and CAM plants; photorespiration)
6CO2 + 12H2O
1.A team of researchers at a pestcide company are working produce a new rodent poison to address a
growing problem of rat infestatons at an old waterfront warehouse. The researchers are developing a poison
that will cause the junctons between intestnal ce