1. List the rights that you enjoy as a consequence of our U.S. Constitution.
Your rights can be found in the first 10 amendments of the constitution, also known as the
Bill of Rights. They give us rights such as freedom of speech, press
Contracts Johnson & Powell chapter 4
1. What is the appropriate analysis for a contracts issue? In other words, how do you
do an analysis?
a. There must be 5 steps successfully completed before a contract becomes valid:
a.i. Offer- the offer must be state
Torts Johnson & Powell chapter 4
Common law remedies for environmental harms
Trespass to land
Negligence per se
List the elements
1. There was a volitional act made my
2. The defendant acted with intent
Administrative law worksheet from Johnson & Powell chapter 8 and class discussion
1. What are the three major powers of administrative agencies? How do these powers
mimic the system of government created by the U.S. Constitution?
Clean air and clean water worksheet from Johnson & Powell chapter 10
1. Using your knowledge of law, determine whether regulation of air quality should be
primarily a state issue or primarily a federal issue? Why?
A federal issue, air does not stay in on
NEPA, ESA and federal public lands worksheet from Johnson & Powell chapter 9
1. NEPA requires an agency to take a hard look at the environmental effects of a proposed
action. The proper standard for review of whether the agency did so is the arbitrary and
Constitutional law worksheet from Johnson & Powell chapter 7 and class discussion
1. Identify constitutional issues that state and federal lawmakers must take into consideration
when enacting legislation to protect the environment. For those issues, ident
Toxic Substances Johnson & Powell Chapter 11
1. FIFRA question: How might pesticide labels be simplified or clarified for a consumer
who might not be familiar with scientific terms, legal terms, or labeling requirements?
The EPA enacts pictograms and mor
Solid and Hazardous Wastes Johnson & Powell Chapter 12
1. RCRA question: What is meant by RCRAs commitment to cradle-to-grave
management of hazardous waste? Do you think that RCRA is adequate for controlling
hazardous wastes from cradle to grave? Why or w
Property law concepts from Chapter 3 (Johnson & Powell) and class discussion
A. The nature of property
1. What is property?
a. The legally protected expectation of deriving certain advantages from a thing.
2. Identify a few common government restrictions