Chapter 23 Respiratory System Learning Objectives
1. What are the major functions of the respiratory system?
Air passageway, site for the exchange of oxygen and carbon dioxide, detection of odors, sound
2. What are the main componen
Chapter 17 Endocrine System Learning Objectives
1. What is the definition of a hormone? What is paracrine and autocrine communication?
Hormone: chemical formed in one part of the body and carried by the blood to another part of the
Chapter 19 (Heart) Learning Objectives
1. What directions (relative to the heart) do arteries and veins carry blood?
Right side of heart-lung-left side of heart-systemic cell
2. What is the function of the pulmonary circuit? The systemic?
Chapter 27 Metabolism Learning Objectives
1. How are vitamins categorized?
Vitamins are categorized as water-soluble and fat-soluble.
2. Define metabolism, anabolism and catabolism.
Metabolism is chemical react ions involved in maintaining the
Chapter 26 Digestive Learning Objectives
1. What are the 4 layers of the digestive tract?
Mucosa, submucosa, muscularis, serosa
2. Define peristalsis and segmentation.
Peristalsis: is the alternating contraction sequence of both the inner circ
Chapter 18 Blood Learning Objectives
1. What are the functions of blood?
Transportation, protection, regulation of body conditions
2. Why is blood considered a connective tissue?
Because blood are evolved from mesenchyme. And all the connectiv
Chapter 20 Cardiovascular Physiology/
Blood Vessels Learning Objectives
1.What are the major structural and functional differences between arteries and veins?
Structural differences: arteries are thick-walled. Veins are thin-walled.