Managing Talent: Boeings High-Flying Approach to HR Planning and Recruitment
1. To meet labor shortages within the company, Boeing starts with
promotions and transfers. What advantages might it experience from filling
positions with current employees?
January 26, 2016
Week 2; Bus 140 Marketing & Business Development
Week 2 Case - IBM: Using Strategy to Build A 'Smarter Planet
1. What is IBMs Smarter Planet business strategy? How does this strategy relate to
IBMs mission and values?
January 26, 2016
Week 3; Bus 140 Marketing & Business Development
Week 3 Case - Groupon: Helping Consumers with Purchase Decisions
1. How has an understanding of consumer behavior helped Groupon grow form 400
subscribers in Chicago in 2008
January 11, 2016
Week 1; Bus 140 Marketing & Business Development
Week 1 Case - Chobani: Making Greek Yogurt A Household Name.
1. From the information about Chobani in the case ans at the start of the chapter, (a)
whom did Hamdi Ulukaya id
Opening a New Restaurant
1. Decide what each partners managerial role in the restaurant will be. Decide
what three or four key "roles" will be for your restaurant, and then describe
what the department(s) might be and which role would be in charge of each
Week 3 Breakout Exercise- Brainstorming
1. As a group, spend 5-10 minutes generating ideas about the alternative
restaurant that the members think will be most likely to succeed. Each
group member should be as innovative and creative as possible. Please
Volkswagen CEDO Resigns AS Car Maker Races to Stem Emissions Scandal
1. Was the CEOs resignation the right thing to do? Why or why not?
Looking at the scandal at hand, there were as many as 11 million vehicles that were
discovered to have contained the ma
Week 4 Case- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella Looks To Future Beyond Windows
1. What kind of planning missteps helped cause Microsofts decline over the
past few years?
The kind of missteps that has helped Microsofts declines over the past few years what
Is Discrimination Against The Unemployed Ethical?
1. If an employers hiring policies give preference to those who are already
employed, what is the impact (1) the companys performance, (2) workers
seeking jobs. And (3) the communities where a company oper
1. Either by yourself or in a group, decide if the business practice of paying
bribes is ethical or unethical.
I find bribery in business to be unethical, although in some countries, bribery is the way
to conduct business. The practice of bribery can affe
Business 140 Ch. 11 Notes
What is a price?
Price- Is the money or other considerations (including other products and services) exchanged
for the ownership or use of a product or service.
Barter- The practice of exchanging product and services for other pr