1. Which of the following statements is true about the reaction?
2 CH4 + 3 O2 2 CO2 + 4 H2O
Methane is a product.
Methane and carbon dioxide are products.
Water is a reactant.
Water and carbon dioxide are products
2. Which of the following reac
1. A solution is made by dissolving a small amount of salt in a beaker of water. The water is referred to
2. Suppose a solution contains 200 grams of water and 15 grams of sugar. Which of the following
1. Nuclear emissions are passed through a tunnel that has a positive plate on the top and a
negative plate on the bottom. Which of the following emissions is deflected the greatest by the
1. In an exergonic process, the system
neither gains nor loses energy
more than one response is correct
2. At 20C, a sample of solid spontaneously sublimes to a gas. This change in state is accompanied by
which of the
Chapter 7 Practice Worksheet Answers
1. What is the molarity of a solution made when water is added to 11 g CaCl2 to make 100
mL of solution?
11 g CaCl2 / (110 g CaCl2 / mole CaCl2) = 0.10 mole CaCl2
100 mL x 1 L / 1000 mL = 0.10 L
molarity = 0.10 mole /
Homework 6 Answers
1. A gas sample is collected in a balloon. What happens to the density of the gas sample as the sample is heated?
does not change
could increase or decrease, depending on how much it was heated
2. How does the kineti
Homework Chapter 9
1. Which of the following substances could behave as an Arrhenius base?
2. In the Brnsted theory, both acids and bases are defined in terms of how substances lose or gain
3. Identify the Brnsted acid
Measurement - Precision and Accuracy
Much of humankinds initial investigations of the natural world were confined to observations
very much like those you make every day. When you put cream in coffee it becomes clou
-NUMBERSExact (from counting or defined)
Inexact (from measurement)
Confined sandwiched zeros (101)
Zeros at end (0.002600) <- 4 sig figs
Zeros at front (0.0026)
120 <- 2 sig figs
120. <-3 sig figs
The least certain
Experiment 11 A,B: Reaction Rates And Equilibrium
Tacoma Community College
November 19 2015
The objectives of this experiment were to demonstrate the influence of temperature and reactant
concentration on reaction rates.
THE ALLOTROPES OF CARBON AND THEIR INFLUENCE ON TECHNOLOGY
Allotropy is the property of some chemical elements to exist in two or more different forms.
Carbon is one of those elements with various allotropes that exhibit different properties which
TERM PAPER- ANESTHETICS
TACOMA COMMUNITY COLLEGE
This paper was prepared for Chemistry 161, taught by Professor Bill Adams
Of all the milestones and achievements in medicine, conquering pain must be
one of the very few that has pot
Part A: Qualitative Analysis
Sample 1 NaCl
Sample 2 NHNO
Sample 3 MgSO
Dissolution of NaCl and NHNO involed the system taking in heat and there fore they
HOW ELECTRONS ARE WAVES NOT PARTICLES
Brought up in a world in which particle phenomenon and their Newtonian interpretations are
common place, Its not a surprise that your dingbat friend is one of the many people that find it
difficult to make the transit
Scientific Method-The Penny Experiment
Organize yourselves into groups and each group collect 5 pennies. You can use your own pennies or the
ones provided by the instructor.
Observations and Hypothesis
1. What would your hypothesis be concerning th
Use Train Tracks to solve the following. Show units in every
1. Calculate the mass of one mole of Iron(III) chloride.
2. What is the molar mass of Cobalt(II) Phosphate?
3. Calculate the mass of 8.6 moles of trihydrogen monoxide.
LAB: DENSITY OF A PENNY
Determine the densities of pennies which date from 1983 and later and of pennies from 1981 and earlier.
Density is mass per unit volume (D = M / V).
Show all work on calculations
1. Define the term mole.
2. How many moles are present in 34 grams of Cu(OH)2?
3. How many moles are present in 2.45 x 1023 molecules of CH4?
4. How many grams are there in 3.4 x 1024 molecules of NH3?
CHAPTER 1 REVIEW
How to Convert Fahrenheit to Celsius:
F = C * (9/5) + 32
How to Convert Celsius to Fahrenheit:
C = (F-32) * (5/9)
How to Convert Fahrenheit to Kelvin:
Add 273.15 after converting to Celsius.
d = m/v
How close the measurem
The following prelab assignment is to be completed before the beginning of lab, is officially due at the beginning
of lab, and is composed of 2 parts: a lab notebook assignment and a Canvas Prelab Safety and Proced
Isolation of Chlorophyll & Carotenoid Pigments from
1. Column chromatography is a technique that was used to separate chlorophyll
and carotenoid pigments from the spinach. It was prepared by putting fir
Aerobic Alcohol Oxidation Using a Copper(I)/TEMPO Catalyst
1. Procedure Summary:
This experiment was conducted in the lab to utilize atmospheric O2 to
oxidize benzyl alcohol to benzaldehyde. First, benzy