Time & Place Worksheet
1. Give the times below for 8:30pm daylight time tonight.
Local Mean Time _19:37_
Universal Time _15:30_
Sidereal Time _16:46_
2. When do these objects raise today:
1. Load Sky Globe and complete the tutorial.
2. Use Sky Globe to determine the constellations we could see tonight at 8:00pm. Make a list.
Solar Website Information Hunt
Solar Physics Website:
1. Under the Sun Spot Cycle link
a. What is the Sun Spot number?
The Sun Spot number is a calculation of dividing the number of sunspot groups
by the number of individual sunspots. Then given by the
Is called the Owl Nebula Messier 97 (M97, NGC 3587) is
the fainter objects in all of the Messiers recorded. This is
located in the constellation of Ursa Major, and it was
discovered in 1781 by Pierre Mechain. The M97 is one of
the more harder planeta
Define these terms:
1. Celestial Sphere: Is a big imaginary hollow ball with the earth as its center
2. Zenith: The point on the celestial sphere directly overhead an observer
3. Nadir: the point below the observer that is directly opposite the zenith on