Homework #9 EE528
1. Problem 10.9 from text. Compare your answer to SProcess simulation.
2. Problem 10.11 from text.
3. Silicon is etched in a Cl2 /Ar2 plasma. A simplied model of the plasma reactions includes the
Cl2 + e
Homework #8 EE528
1. Problem 9.7 in the text.
2. Consider sputter deposition over a single vertical 100nm step. Assume that the sputtering target is
large and is at a distance of 10cm from the wafer. Further assume that the sputtered atoms ha
Homework #7 EE528
1. A mask has periodic lines and spaces of equal widths with total period of 260nm (130nm half-pitch).
This mask is used in a coherent imaging system with = 0.193m and N A = 0.8. The development,
light intensity and photores
Homework #5 EE528
1. Run SProcess simulations for a LOCOS process using a viscoelastic model for oxide (default) with
and without stress-dependent oxidation. Use the following process specications:
Pad oxide thickness of 100 .
Homework #6 EE 528
1. Consider the implantation of As into silicon at an energy of 20 keV. Assume that the implant is
Gaussian with Rp = 16nm and = 8nm independent of dose (negligible channeling). Assume
that stopping is dominated by nuclear
The formation of a precipitates or other extended defect is a phase transfor-
Consider a system with solute species A in matrix material M.
o If the concentration of A is large enough, the system may be able to lower its
Homework #3 EE 528
1. Show that the equation given in class for the eective single species diusivity of shallow substitutional
acceptors is true.
+ DAX +
DA = h DAX 0 + DAX +
(CA /2ni )2 + 1
You may us
Homework #2 EE 528
1. (a) What is the total and marginal (change for last atom added) entropy of mixing for
100,000 atoms of element A substitutionally into 3,900,000 atoms of B (4,000,000
(b) If the equilibrium concentration of
Homework #4 EE 528
1. Assume that boron deactivates primarily due to the formation of neutral B3 I clusters. Since substitutional
B is predominately ionized, cluster formation requires the incorporation of holes.
3B + I0 + 3h+ B3 I.
(a) If at