Stoichiometry Problems #1
Balance the following equations and then solve the related problems: 1) Given the following equation: _ Ca(OH) 2 + _ H2SO4 _ H2O + _ CaSO4 How many grams of calcium sulfate will be formed if 130 grams of calcium hydroxide reacts
MOLE CALCULATIONS #1 WORKSHEET
1) How many moles are in 40.0 grams of water?
How many grams are in 3.7 moles of Na2O?
How many atoms are in 14 moles of cadmium?
How many moles are in 4.3 x 1022 molecules of H3PO4?
How many molecules are in 48.
1) If 45 mL of water are added to 250 mL of a 0.75 M K2SO4 solution, what will the molarity of the diluted solution be?
If water is added to 175 mL of a 0.45 M KOH solution until the volume is 250 mL, what will the molarity of the d
MOLE CALCULATIONS #2
1) What is the mass of 0.750 moles of ZnSO4?
How many molecules are there in 0.435 moles of C6H12O6?
How many moles are there in 7.62 x 1025 molecules of oxygen?
How many grams do 3.294 x 1021 molecules of FeSO4 mass?
Protons, Neutrons, and Electrons Worksheet
Fill in the blanks.
24 P Rb 41 15
82 34 10
79 93 85 106 39 96 265 223 131
46 19 87 106
Protons, Neutrons, and Electron
106 M m e g a
103 k k i l o
102 h h e c t o
101 da d e k a
10-1 10-2 10-3 10-4 10-5 10-6 d c m d e c i c e n t i m i l l i m i c r o
m L g
Everett Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national o
SI Units The Metric System
The metric system is based on tens. The most common American system based upon tens is our money. There are three base units used in the metric system. They are: Meters (m) measurement of distance Liters (L) measurement of volum
SI UNITS AND UNIT CONVERSIONS
1) What are the SI units for distance, mass, and temperature?
Write the definitions, symbols, and values for the following SI unit prefixes: a) b) c) d) kilo centi mega deci e) f) g) h) milli micro nano pico
How many mi
There is some uncertainty in every measured quantity. Every reported result should reflect the precision of the measurement. Significant figures are important in lab because they tell us how precisely we know a quantity and how well we
pH Worksheet #3
1) What is the pH of a 0.0235 M HCl solution?
What is the pOH of a 0.0235 M HCl solution?
What is the pH of a 6.50 x 10-3 M KOH solution? (Hint: this is a basic solution concentration is of OH -)
A solution is created by measuring
pH Worksheet #2
1) Find the pH of a 9.8 x 10-4 M HI solution.
Find the pH of a 2.76 x 10-4 M NaOH solution. (Hint: this is a basic solution concentration is of OH )
Find the pH of a solution made by diluting 35 mL of 4.5 M HNO3 to a final volume of
PERCENT COMPOSITION WORKSHEET
Find the percent compositions (rounded to the nearest tenth of a percent) of all of the elements in the following compounds: 1) CrF3
Cr: _ F: _ 2) Na3PO4
Na: _ P: _ O: _ 3) KCN
K: _ C: _ N: _ 4) PI3
P: _ I: _
PERCENT YIELD WORKSHEET
1) Write a balanced equation for the reaction of tin (IV) phosphate with sodium carbonate to make tin (IV) carbonate and sodium phosphate.
If 36 grams of tin (IV) phosphate is mixed with an excess of sodium carbonate, how many g
Periodic Table of the Elements
A ll atomic m ass data is from WebE lements: http:/w w w .w ebelements.com/ Student Support Services Program Everett Community College Tutoring Center
shells (energy levels)
shells (energy levels)
The Periodic Table
Which group on the periodic table is most likely described by the following? 1) The elements in this group have a charge of +2 when forming ionic compounds. The elements in this group are almost completely nonreactive. The elements in t
pH of Weak Acids
1) The acid dissociation constant (Ka) for benzoic acid is 6.3 x 10-5. Find the pH of a 0.35 M solution of benzoic acid.
Find the pH of a 0.275 M hypochlorous acid solution. Ka = 3.0 x 10-8.
Find the pH of a solution that contains 0
pH Worksheet #1
1) Find the pH of a solution that contains 85 grams of hydrochloric acid (HCl) dissolved in 2.5 L of water.
Find the pH of a solution that contains 2.95 grams of nitrous acid (HNO2) dissolved in 550 mL of water.
Find the pH of a solu
Stoichiometry Problems #2
1) Write a balanced equation for the reaction of sulfuric acid with gallium hydroxide to form water and gallium sulfate:
From the equation in part 1, determine the mass of gallium sulfate that can be made with 145 grams of sul
Stoichiometry Worksheet #3
Consider the following equation:
Mg(OH)2(s) + 2 HBr(aq) MgBr2(aq) + 2 H2O(l)
1) 2) What type of chemical reaction is taking place? _ How many milliliters of 0.225 M HBr would be needed to react completely with 3.26 grams of magn
1) It takes 83 mL of a 0.45 M NaOH solution to neutralize 235 mL of an HCl solution. What is the concentration of the HCl solution?
You are titrating an acid into a base to determine the concentration of the base. The endpoint of t
The ultimate purpose of this experiment was the practical application of the Beer-Lambert law of
absorption to calculate the ratio of tartrazine concentration to sunset yellow concentration in an
unknown mixed sample. A spectrophotometer f
MIXED GAS LAWS WORKSHEET
1) How many moles of gas occupy 98 L at a pressure of 2.8 atmospheres and a temperature of 292 K?
If 5.0 moles of O2 and 3.0 moles of N2 are placed in a 30.0 L tank at a temperature of 250 C, what will the pressure of the resul
Making Solutions Worksheet
1) Explain how you would make 750. mL of a 1.35 M KOH solution.
If you dilute 15.0 mL of a 12.0 M HCl solution to make a 2.50 M HCl solution what will the final volume be?
How many grams of magnesium bromide are needed to
LIMITING REAGENT WORKSHEET
1) Write the balanced equation for the reaction that occurs when iron (II) chloride is mixed with sodium phosphate forming iron (II) phosphate and sodium chloride.
If 23 grams of iron (II) chloride reacts with 41 grams of sod
Lewis Structures, Shapes, and Polarity
Draw Lewis structures, name shapes and indicate polar or non-polar for the following molecules: a. CH4 b. NCl3 c. CCl2F2 d. CF2H2 e. CH2O f. CHN g. PI3 h. N 2 O i. S O 2 j. CS2 k. CO l. H 2 O m. COF2 n. N 2 o. O2 p.
Types of Intermolecular Forces
What is the strongest intermolecular force present for each of the following molecules? 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) 9) 10) hydrogen (H2)_ carbon monoxide (CO) _ silicon tetrafluoride (SiF4)_ nitrogen tribromide (NBr3) _ water (H