Chem. 237, Win. ’08 MQ #1 ' wer m, ~
(10) 1. Provide unambiguou names for compounds A and B below.
M (J H
, 'L H \ ' j 1“}
A. Vt 3,4
4/;(5, Emd‘llaféw—Z Wm WM
\(16) II. CH3-NH-OH is both a stronger acid and a stronger base than water. Explain how
-/V0 _ |
pd cl 3‘4/
Tuesday, November 20, 2012
1. Circle the correct answer.
Which reacts fastest with CH3I?
0 ,_ h
/“\ - [I /\ NH. /\6
o \_\ ~
Which is least stable?
Which is most acidic? OH '
Which reacts f a_
Name ' ‘-
Wednesday, October 24, 2012
Answer as many questions as you can in the time allowed. Be clear and concise.
1. Diltiazem is a generic drug for the treatment of high blood pressure and heart failure.
@ a. Identify all the ﬁmctional grou
Tuesday, September 25, 2012
a“ # Z
1. Draw Lewis structures for the following species: H2CO, C4H2, NH4+. Draw an arrow
indicating the direction of the dipole moment (if no dipole, then say so).
no dipole I no dipole
+1 each structu
71" " 2 2—4," 0H: /
C'igCCHﬂadh Ctlgcl/ (ma/5 / ’ N <h :7
g ‘43 , l7 "
AND - Indicate which, if any of the isomers will display sel rea i r \
' bromine and light. only a sin le mono—chlor -' ' e when
indicate which isomer wou r
Monday, December 12, 2011
1. Valnemulin (pictured below) is an antibiotic used to treat sick pigs.
a. Identify all functional groups. Classify as primary, secondary, or tertiary where
b. Label the chiralitrcenters with a star.