Chapter 4 HW
1) According to the essay (source 1), how did concerns about American
masculinity influence the decision to annex the Philippines?
Many things lead to the decision to annex the Philippines. The major
influence was the concern about the mascul
Chapter 6 HW
1) What does historian Roland Marchand, the author of the secondary source, see as
the defining characteristics of advertisements of the 1920s?
2) In what ways, according to Marchand, did advertising in the 1920s help adjust
Americans to the
1) Advertisements in the 1920s aim to specific buyers and appeal to
their need to use the consumermarket in order to express the kind of
person they are and impress others. Most advertisements
arecharacterized by social dramas that could occur i
Chapter 3 HW
1) What did white reformers hope to achieve with the breakup of the reservations
and with schools for Indian children? What problems were these reforms designed to
solve? Were their goals and remedies appropriate?
The white reformers thought