Which of the following statements describes a storm surge?
1) A sudden increase in water that moves onto land before a hurricane makes landfall
2) A sudden increase in water that moves onto land as a hurricane makes landfall
3) A sudden increase in wat
Chpt 6 Qs 1,4,11
The two climate factors that are most important in determining an areas characteristic biome
are temperature and rainfall/precipitation.
4 The biome which is depicted by the diagram is thTemperat rain forest biome
Environmental science 101
Protection of forests: In 1875 a group of public-minded citizens formed the American Forestry
Association, with the intent of influencing public opinion against the wholesale destruction of America's
Chpt 5 Qs
7. Survivorship curve graph is a graph which shows the number or proportion of individuals surviving to
each age for a given species or group. When related to r and K, Extreme r-strategists, such as the oyster,
lose most o
Chp 4 #2,5,8
2. Biogeochemical cycles move matter from one organism to another and from living organisms to the
abiotic environment and back again. The cycles of matter- carbon, nitrogen, phosphorus, sulfur and
Chapter 3 Qs 4,9,16
4. Energy is the ability to do work.
A. Radiant energy is used by plants during photosynthesis which converts CO2 into O2 that is needed by
B. Mechanical energy is the sum of kinetic and