Kim here is what I have for digg.com and zagat.com, both of which I have never heard of
or used before. I you would like to add any personal comments of your experiences
using these sites go ahead. Just email it back to me when you have the others and ill
Using the principles of web site design discussed in class, the goal of this workshop is to
identify/discuss both effective and ineffective web sites.
As a group (or individually), create a list of web sites that illustrate
Content and Media Challenges
TV shows and movies have seen a dramatic change in viewing style in the past 10
years. Before your options were simple. If you dont have the movie, then you either
borrow it from a friend, go to blockbuste
List the reasons why one should be expected to pay for music they acquire online.
Gives credit to the Musician
Benefits you making a moral, ethical decision
Accounts for responsibility
Avoid from legal issues.
List the reasons why
1. Be able to discuss the online retail sector, what the trends look like, where the
industry is heading.
Personal consumption of retail goods and services comprise about 70% and
account for about $10 trillion of total GDP. The retail sector can
and understand the four market entry strategies.
New firmo first mover clicks pure play- amazon, ebay, e-trade
o alliances clicks and bricks KBkids.com
Existingo Fast follower- barnes & noble, riteaiddrugstore.com
o Brand extender- REI, LL Bea
1. Be familiar with the key features of the Internet audience.
70% of households have internet
Some demographic groups have much higher percentage of online users
Lifestyle and sociological impacts
2. Understand t
1. Know the EIGHT key elements of a business model. Also, be able to ask the key
question that pertains to each of these elements.
1. Value PropositionWhy should the customer buy from you?
2. Revenue ModelHow will the firm earn revenue, generate
1. Revisit the EIGHT unique features of ecommerce technology (as presented in
Chapter 1) and be able to discuss the impact each technology has on the business
UbiquityAlters industry structure by creating new marketing c
1. Some interesting ecommerce-related statistics:
Online consumer sales expanded by more than 12.7% to an estimated
The percentage of US households that are online is approximately 70%.
The use of the Internet for business-
Exam 2 Study Guide
Chapter 9: Online Retail and Services
Be able to discuss the online retail sector, what the trends look like, where the
industry is heading.
Continued rapid growth in social networks and user-generated content sites
encourages social s
Exam 1 Review
1. Be familiar with the general demographic and other features of the internet
2. Know the consumer decision process, as well as the differences between the
As a group (2-3 people) or individually, review the case study:
Paypal Has Company on page 326-331 and answer the following
1. What is the value proposition that Paypal offers consumers?
How about merchants?
PayPal offers its users a history of