Lab 6.1 Assessing Body Mass Index and Body Composition
Body Mass Index
Height 6 ft 1in Weight: 228 lbs
1. Covert body weight to KG: 228/2.2 = 105.6 KG
2. Convert height to m: 73/.0254 = 1.85 m
3. Square height = 1.85 * 1.85 = 3.42 sq m
Micturition is another term for _.
the production of nitrogenous wastes
the countercurrent multiplier process
inflammation of the urinary bladder
the elimination of urine
There are four major stages in the formation
Which of the following is not a feature of the sympathetic division of the ANS?
It originates in the thoracolumbar region of the spinal cord.
It has long postganglionic fibers.
It has long preganglionic fibers.
Its ganglia are adjacent to the spinal colum
The _ can be found as part of the epithalamus, near the superior colliculi of the
The nervous system reacts to stimuli _ compared to the endocrine system, adapts
_ compared to th
Left ventricle aorta brachiocephalic artery lung tissues bronchial veins
brachiocephalic vein superior vena cava right atrium
Right ventricle pulmonary trunk pulmonary arteries lung tissues pulmonary veins
Right ventricle brachiocephalic art
Unit 5 Exam
1. Which of the following is contained within gray matter?
Glial cells, axons of motor neurons, and Schwann cells
Glial cells and myelinated fibers
Neurosomas, dendrites, and proximal parts of axons of neurons
The distal part of axons of lower
Unit 2 Exam
1. Oxygen has an atomic number of eight. When two oxygen atoms come together, they form
a(n) _ bond.
Van der Waals
2. Sodium has an atomic number of 11 and an atomic mass of 23. Sodium has _.
Unit 1 Exam
1. Feeling structures with your fingertips is called _, whereas tapping on the body and
listening for sounds of abnormalities is called _.
Unit 3 Exam
1. A thin, stained slice of tissue mounted on a microscope is called a _.
2. Rapid diffusion of oxygen and carbon dioxide through the air sacs (alveoli) of the lungs takes
place through _ epithe
Unit 4 Exam
1. he joint between the first costal cartilage and the sternum, is a _, whereas the other
costal cartilages are joined to the sternum by _ joints.
Part 1: Big Picture
My score on the exam was an 84.75%. This exam was very taxing. There was a
lot of memorization and interpretation of diagrams and figures. This was very
difficult for me. I think I did well on the exam because of the lab we did the wee
Lab 9.1 Calculating Daily Energy Needs
Part I: Estimating Current Energy Intake from a Food Record
Current energy intake (from food record): 1820 calories per day
Part II: Estimating Daily Energy Requirements Using Food and Nutrition Board
Lab 5.1 Assessing Your Current Level of Flexibility
Range of Motion Assessment:
Shoulder flexion and
Hip Flexion (bent)
Hip Flexion (straight)
Lab 7.1 A Personal Fitness Program Plan and Contract
A. I, Michael Grober, am contracting with myself to follow a physical fitness
program to work toward the following goal:
Short term: Lose weight (224 lbs)
Long term: Lose weight (215 lbs)
B. My program
When the left ventricle contracts, the _ valve closes and the _ valve is
right AV; pulmonary
right AV; aortic
Mitral valve prolapse (MVP) generates a murmur associated with the _ heart sound