1. Identify the principle defining elements of the professions. Education, Accreditation, Skills
Development, Certification, Licensing, Professional Development, Autonomy, Code of Ethics
Which attributes of the professions promote illegal conduct and whic
1. What are some noteworthy examples of executive branch, legislative branch, and
judicial branch political white collar crime?
Rob Blagojevich is an American politician who served as the 40th Governor of Illinois from
2003 until 2009. He sought
Deviant Behavior HW #2
Fall 2016 Dr. Myers
2. How does Strain Theory define and explain deviance?
3. Use Strain Theory to define and explain the following:
The theft of a loaf of bread by a hungry person:
b. Skid row alcoholics:
ola mi nombre es lauren. Yo soy 15 aos.Soy
de Livonia michigan. Me gusta animar y tengo
una hermana de 13 aos. Me gusta hablar con
mis amigos. A mi encanta las papas fritas. Yo
tengo el pelo rubia y ojos azules.
Una persona que realmente me gustara
Chapter 1 Review Questions
Describe the American experience with crime during the last half century. What noteworthy incidents or activities occurred during that time, and what social and economic
conditions might have produced them?
1. During the last ha
For extra credit, please answer questions 6, 7, and 8 on page 36 of your textbook under the
heading "Learning Check."
6)Contributions of Allen Pinkerton to US Law Enforcement.
He established a private detective agency in Chicago in 1850. Pr
What are the various stages of a criminal trial?
The presentation of evidence
The judges charge to the jury
Illustrate the nature of indeterminate se
1. What are the basic purposes of policing in democratic societies? To enforce the law and
maintain order within cities and towns
2. How do the Bill of Rights and democratically inspired legal restraints on the police help
ensure personal freedoms in our
What Statute was she charge under?
FL Statute 782.04
1st Degree Murder
FL Statute 827.03
Aggravated Child Abuse/Neglect
FL Statute 782.07(3) Aggravated Manslaughter of Child
FL Statute 837.055 Providing False Information to Law Enforcement 4 counts