Population: group of individuals of same species in same area and interbreed, producing
Microevolution: small-scale evolution, change in allele frequency in population over
Macroevolution: broad pattern of evolution
Lab Question Answers
1. How many layers of cells are there in an Elodea leaf? 2 or 3
2. How should a coverslip be applied to a drop of liquid on a microscope slide? 45angle
3. When chloroplasts appear to be moving within a living cell, what is the c
1. The smallest unit of evolution is a POPULATION because natural selection acts on individuals,
but population evolve.
2. GENES are the material of evolution because they are present within the gene pool of a
3. Gene Mutation/ Sexual
Character and settings
1. Meyella Ewell:
She wrote down the answer; with two members of the of the family reading and
writing, there was no need for the rest of them to learn- Papa needed them at home.
Children are less able too succeed in schoo
Neuron- nerve cell
Cell Body- most of neurons organelles, including nucleus
Dendrites- highly branched extension that receive signal form other neurons
Axon- longer extension of neuron that transmits signals from other neurons
Myelin sheath- in
1. How does energy flow through an ecosystem?
Flows through ecosystem
E enters as sunlight autotrophic organisms covert it to chemical energy
(organic compounds of food) heterotrophs (food processing)
1. What makes up the environment?
The environment includes both abiotic and biotic parts.
Abiotic: nonliving components, chemical and physical factors such as temperature, light, water,
Biotic: living components, all the organism
10. Describe the steps involved in water transport and sugar translocation in plants.
1. Transpiration: loss of water from leaves
Diffusion of water vapor from humid air inside leaf to drier air outside
1. What are the 3 major plant tissue systems and what is their function?
Dermal-out protective covering
Epidermis (stomata, cuticle): epidermis has specialized characteristics in each organ.
Root hair absorption of water and mine