Thesis: According to Ames, the United Nations Declaration of Rights (1948) is null in
China, due to cultural differences in regards to norms, values, and practices.
Despite the universality of the declaration, the Chinese perceive it
In Thagards paper Why Astrology Is A Pseudoscience, one of Thagards main
claims is that astrology is dramatically unprogressive (228). Astrology has been
around for thousands of years and because it hasnt progressed much
David Chalmers The Puzzle of Coscious Experience focuses on what he
calls the easy and the hard problems. The easy problems of consciousness are easily
answered according to him. They are the easy problems because to an
Final Paper- Outline
In Thagards Why Astrology Is A Pseudoscience, Thagard does very much
what the title implies. He argues as to why astrology is a pseudoscience and should
not be considered an actual science. Throughou
Weekly Puzzle 17
1. A company is going to hire a large number of staff. The following example of the
employed averages rate of women and men.
Applican Employe Employe Applican Employe Employe
Weekly Puzzle 12
1. It has been sunny in San Francisco every May in recorder history.
The weather in San Francisco has been sunny is sunny in this weekend.
Therefore, it will be sunny next Monday.
2. Let B1 correspond to bowl #1 and B2 to bo
Weekly Puzzle 14
1. Harry is happy (H), Earnest is eager (E), Daniel is dangerous (D), Michael is
merry (M), Rachel is ravishing (R), Amelia is ambitious (A).
We make the conclusion
Weekly Puzzle 13
1. Either John or Carl is happy if Fred is tall. We can write the sentence in another
way: If Fred is tall, then either John or Carl is happy.
F (J v C)
Even though we know that the antecedent Fred (F) is tall, b
Weekly Pussle 12
1. S=Self promoting egoists P =people are true to the values of this republic
No persons who are true to the values of this republic are politician -No P are M
All politician are self-promotion egoists
-No M are
Weekly Pussle 11
1. We know that no politicians are honest is false, then some politicians are not
honest (liars) must be true. Knowing that E claim is false doesnt convey any
important information about the truth-value of the ot
Weekly Pussle 10
1. 322 should replace the question mark.
Transportation bill will get the country moving
With gas prices at record levels, we are once again hearing the chorus of "drill
Weekly Pussle 9
1. The planes average speed is 490 mph. Because the whole distance entire journey
is the sum of the distance from departure point to the destination and the distance
from the destination to the departure point. As we know, th
Weekly Pussle 8
The letter is A.
2. The belief ice is water is a logical truth. Since it doesnt exclude that the ice
melts at room temperature, it entails nothing but gives us the true fac
Weekly Pussle 7
1. There are 99 Germans are corrupt and 1 Germans are honest. We randomly
choose 2 German at least one of them will be corrupt; in the other words, there is
no chance to get 2 honest. So, if there is only one is honest, there
Weekly puzzles 6
1. First, we turn on one of the lights switches, and turn it off after a half hour or
longer. And then, we turn one of the other two switches on, and walk to the house.
We will find out one of the light bulb which is hot is
snow,and Tom drove Y miles when Dave drove 50 miles ontheirway
1. Give an example of an exceptionful pattern. Now give an example of something
that constitutes an exception to it.
I used to a neighbor whose family was described as doctors family because
most of his family members were doctors that included
1. Lets assume that c is small. 1) Since c is small, we can know that d is no small
from the claim If d is small, then c is not. 2) Since d is not small, then we can
get that e is small by the claim If c is small, then either d or
1. San Francisco Mayor Ed Lees lack of political experience is starting to catch up
Like his predecessor, Gavin Newsom, Lee is allowing his appointed
commissioners to run for office while keeping their sears.(2)Bad ide
endless. A problem with relativism is that each person has their own right to