True/False Questions (Ch1)
1. As of January 11, 2001, the biggest ever U.S. merger was finalized between AOL and Disney.
Answer: False Page: 3 Difficulty: Easy Learning Objective: 1
2. A desired future outcome which a firm hopes to achieve is called a goa
Multiple Choice Questions(ch6)
32. The set of decisions that managers make to assist the organization to achieve its goals is known as:
B) scenario planning.
C) SWOT analysis.
E) related diversification.
Answer: A Page: 25
Multiple Choice Questions ( ch5)
31. The process by which managers respond to opportunities and threats facing their organization by
analyzing options and taking actions is known as:
C) decision making
D) bounded rationality
Multiple Choice Questions (Ch1)
31. The text discussed the experience of Bob Pittman in taking over the new company formed in the AOLTime Warner merger. Which was NOT one of the challenges he faced?
A) getting managers from one of the old companies to thi
Multiple Choice Questions (History of Management)
36. The manufacturing system that uses small teams of workers on a moving assembly line is called:
B) small batch production
C) mass production manufacturing
D) lean production
92. In general, business planning involves three distinct steps. Discuss these three steps as you would apply
them to a realistic business problem of your choosing.
Business planning involves determining the mission and goals of th