CH. 3: Q48, Q49, VISUAL SKILLS 1-7/CH. 4: 19, 20, VISUAL SKILLS 1-5, 42, 45,
Q48. Eris orbit. The recently discovered Eris, which is slightly larger than Pluto, orbits
the sun every 557 years. What is its average distance from the sun? How does i
Chapter 15: 13, 41, 45, Q55, 9, 17, 22, 25
13. Why is a stars birth mass its most fundamental property?
A star's birth mass determines its quantity of hydrogen fuel, its central pressure and
temperature, and therefore its luminosity. These in turn set the
18. False; NASA has already gotten photographs of the Milky Way Galaxy from beyond its halo.
In an edge-view of the Milky Way Galaxy, shows it as a flat pancake with a bulge in the center.
Most of the visible stars lie within the bulge but the m
26. The sun and the moon appear to move eastward gradually through the
constellations of the zodiac. However, the size of the moon and its orbit around the
earth could fit inside the size of the sun, so as the moon o
Chapter 5: 17, 18, 23, 24, Q54, Q57, 10, 37, 43, 25, 44, 46, Q56
17. True or false: the walls of my room are transparent to radio waves
Radio and light waves are part of the electromagnetic spectrum, but are very different. Radio
waves are much bigger tha
CH. 14: 2, 23, 39, 42, 43, 5, 6, 19, 21, 26, Q50, Q54
2. What two forces are balanced in gravitational equilibrium? What does it mean
for the sun to be in energy balance?
The two forces balanced in gravitational equilibrium are the outward push of interna