Chapter 5 Problems
1. The United States should not legalize the purchase and sale of illegal drugs. Since they are illegal,
the supply for these drugs is limited, and prices are very high. If these drugs were legalized, the
supply would inc
Ch 2 Problems
1. Plants and pets are complements of water. Sand showers are substitutes for water. Sand showers
are also inferior goods. Normal goods are showers and pools.
2. Increase or decrease in demand
Chapter 4 Problems
1. The price of elasticity of demand is 4.85. The demand is elastic.
3. If scientists gave the farmers corn that would double the yield of ordinary corn, it would hurt the
farmers. The farmers would have too much