Data Mining and Privacy
1. With the emergence of Internet, it is now possible to connect and access sources of information and
databases throughout the world.
2. At the same time, this raises many questions regarding the privacy and the securi
Protection of Privacy on the Web
1. Most people are concerned about online privacy but may not be aware of the various ways that their
personal information is collected during routine Web browsing.
2. We review the types of personal informatio
How Safe Is Your Identity?
1. Digitally mediated communications offer ease and flexibility to exchange information across a
networked global community.
2. All interactions could potentially be captured however, using different invasive technol
Online Privacy, Vulnerabilities, and Threats:
A Managers Perspective
1. There are many potential threats that come with conducting business in an online environment.
Management must find a way to neutralize or at least reduce these threats if
Cyber Identity Theft
1. Information and communication technologies (ICTs) provide substantial benefits to governments,
organizations and individuals through providing low cost, instantaneous, global communication
2. However, an u
Antecedents of Online Privacy Protection Behavior:
1. Individuals are generally concerned about their privacy and may withhold from disclosing their
personal information while interacting with online vendors.
2. Withholding personal informatio
How Vulnerable Are You? Do Gender, Social Influence and
Education play a Role in Vulnerability?
1. It is estimated that over 1 billion people now have access to the Internet.
2. With the traditional crimes such as fraud, identi
Intrusion in the Sphere of Personal Communications
1. In this chapter the limits for the sphere of personal communications are set. Different understandings
of the right to be alone or the right to respect for private and family life are provi
Identity Theft Through the Web
1. Most people recognize there are risks to online privacy but may not be fully aware of the various
ways that personal information about them can be stolen through the Web.
2. People can be lured to malicious We
Introduction to Basic Concepts and Considerations of
Wireless Networking Security
1. Local networks have been, from the beginning, a controversial topic.
2. The organizations that have implemented these types of networks have shown their conce