Lab 9: IOS Detection & Management
Two switches, different models
Two routers, different models
PC with Tera Term & TFTP software installed and running
Step 1: Create a switch and router matrix for documenting hardware and s
Data Security and Recovery Support
For a library Internet Kiosk group policy needs to be implemented on these computer to lock them down
from activities that are not going to be needed for these computer. There are only a few things that will
Data Security & Recovery support
Chapter 4 Ethics Lab
1. There are a few technologies out that can help combat identity thieves. One way is to require 2
step verification. That would be that if purchases were made they can only be made from certain
Data Security & Recovery Support
The 4 steps in a policy lifecycle are as follows:
1. Plan for security in your organization. In this step you develop the policies, procedures and
guidelines that will be implemented and design the security compone
Data Security and Recovery
Lab Project 2.2
The operating system that I have chosen to cover that enforces some form of access controls is Windows
7 operating system. A form of access control that is used in Windows 7 is that of User Access control.
1. Get number of stocks bought num 1
2. Get the price of each stock bought num 2
3. Purchase Price = num 1 * num 2
4. Store Purchase price as Answer 1
5. Print Answer 1 as the purchase price
6. Get how many stocks sold num 3
7. Get price each
Finding a Developer
1. After you decide to hire a mobile developer, how do you go about doing it?
2. The hard part of finding a developer is not getting a list of potential developers (Google can give you
20 million results in 0.27 seconds) but
Managing to Milestones
1. At this point, I would like nothing better than to give you the formula to ensure that all your app
projects are successful.
2. Even though Id like to, I cantbecause there is no such formula.
3. The state of the art in
Finding the Right Tools
1. Your best chance for a successful project is to stay on top of the progress that is being made and
communicate clearly, as soon as possible, what you like and what you dont like about the direction.
2. In order to do t
Interviewing and Selecting a Developer
1. Its often difficult for a non-programmer to determine solely from an interview whether a
programmer actually knows what he or she is talking about.
2. Ill let you in on a little secret: Its often difficu
App Projects Are Not Small and Easy
1. Compared to enterprise software running on a desktop or in a web browser, its true that apps are
smaller and cheaper, but thats really not saying a whole lot.
2. A fairly typical iPhone app project in 2014
Determining Your Apps Components
1. Thats very important, and many app creators dont do a good job of that.
2. In order to find a developer who is an appropriate fit for the needs of your app, you need to figure
out what your app needs.
The App Development Life Cycle
1. Every app goes through a series of steps or phases between idea and completion.
2. This chapter discusses a simple but iterative model that has three major phases: design, development,
3. Some peopl
Prototyping and Wireframing Your App
1. A good way to minimize the cost and reduce the risk of developing an app is to decide as many
things as you can before you start paying developers to write code.
2. To make decisions well, you need a conte
Understanding What Youre Getting
1. You have now officially reached the point in this book where you learn how to determine whether
your project is coming together or falling completely apart.
2. Weve talked about common project issues to watch
Skill Gap Analysis
1. Tools are very useful, and the right tools can make a huge difference in how long it takes to build an
app and how good the app ends up being.
2. This chapter talks about determining whether you have access to the skills ne
Human Element Security
1. One of the more difficult aspects in all of information security is providing security for and against
the some of the people within and surrounding our information, including our employees, contractors,
1. Physical security is largely concerned with the protection of three main categories of assets: people,
equipment, and data.
2. Our primary concern, of course, is to protect people. People are considerably more difficult to