1. Digital images are nowadays used in the majority of the application fields in place of old analog
images because of their easiness of usage, quality and above all manageability.
2. These favourable issues bring anyway an intrinsic disad
Source Camera Identification Based on Sensor
1. A digitally developed image is a viewable image (TIFF/JPG) produced by a cameras sensor data
(raw image) using computer software tools.
2. Such images might use different colour space
1. An ideal CCD sensor should exhibit linear response from the lowest detectable light level to the
maximum well depth.
2. In order to estimate readout noise from real case images, we plot the mean versus standard deviation
SIGNAL PROCESSING IN DIGITAL CAMERAS
1. The light from the scene enters a set of lenses and goes through an optical path which constitutes
2. Most important and common are antialiasing filter and infrared filter. The imaging sen
Applications of Cryptography in Digital Forensics
1. When encrypted material is discovered during a digital investigation and the investigator cannot
decrypt the material then he or she is faced with the problem of how to determine the evidentia
Spatio-Temporal Just Noticeable Distortion Model
Guided Video Watermarking
1. Perceptual Watermarking should take full advantage of the results from human visual system (HVS)
2. Just noticeable distortion (JND), which refers to the maxim
Watermark-Only Security Attack on DM-QIM
1. This paper addresses the security of a specific class of common watermarking methods based on
Dither modulation-quantisation index modulation (DM-QIM) and focusing on watermark-only attac
Secure Robust Hash Functions and Their
Applications in Non-Interactive Communications
1. A robust hash function allows different parties to extract a consistent key from a common fuzzy
source, e.g., an image gone through noisy channels, which c
1. The watermarked images are generated by our proposed semi-fragile watermarking algorithm using
the 1338 test images from UCID
2. In order to achieve a fair comparison, different embedding parameters are randomised for eac
Multimedia Security Based on Extrinsic Data
1. In the past few years, semi-fragile watermarking has become increasingly important to verify the
content of images and localise the tampered areas, while tolerating some non-malicious manipulations.
Data Mining and Privacy
1. With the emergence of Internet, it is now possible to connect and access sources of information and
databases throughout the world.
2. At the same time, this raises many questions regarding the privacy and the securi
Protection of Privacy on the Web
1. Most people are concerned about online privacy but may not be aware of the various ways that their
personal information is collected during routine Web browsing.
2. We review the types of personal informatio
How Safe Is Your Identity?
1. Digitally mediated communications offer ease and flexibility to exchange information across a
networked global community.
2. All interactions could potentially be captured however, using different invasive technol
Online Privacy, Vulnerabilities, and Threats:
A Managers Perspective
1. There are many potential threats that come with conducting business in an online environment.
Management must find a way to neutralize or at least reduce these threats if
Cyber Identity Theft
1. Information and communication technologies (ICTs) provide substantial benefits to governments,
organizations and individuals through providing low cost, instantaneous, global communication
2. However, an u
Antecedents of Online Privacy Protection Behavior:
1. Individuals are generally concerned about their privacy and may withhold from disclosing their
personal information while interacting with online vendors.
2. Withholding personal informatio
How Vulnerable Are You? Do Gender, Social Influence and
Education play a Role in Vulnerability?
1. It is estimated that over 1 billion people now have access to the Internet.
2. With the traditional crimes such as fraud, identi
Intrusion in the Sphere of Personal Communications
1. In this chapter the limits for the sphere of personal communications are set. Different understandings
of the right to be alone or the right to respect for private and family life are provi
Identity Theft Through the Web
1. Most people recognize there are risks to online privacy but may not be fully aware of the various
ways that personal information about them can be stolen through the Web.
2. People can be lured to malicious We
Introduction to Basic Concepts and Considerations of
Wireless Networking Security
1. Local networks have been, from the beginning, a controversial topic.
2. The organizations that have implemented these types of networks have shown their conce