Brendan McGovern, Andrew Patek, Greg Schellinger, Colin Taylor, Matt Putaraska
Lab Week 5 Conservation of Momentum
a. The yellow ball on the left appears to come in twice as fast as the purple ball on the
Lab Infrared and Thermal Radiation
1. The things that are darker colors, but still in the light, like clothing appear brighter then
light colored clothing. Only objects hit by the light wer
1. The object will move half a light-second for every second.
2. Assuming the object is still traveling at half a light-second, at t=1 the object will be at
3. The slope of the line in the spacetime diagram
PHYS Lab 1003-444
1. Rolling Ball Track
a, b, c, and d.
g. The PE graph matches the shape of the coaster and the KE is the inverse. The
kinetic energy is greatest at highest part of the track and pot
PHYS Lab 1003-444
1 Buret Stand
1 Buret Base
2) For precision measuring, we have to make sure the stand is parallel to the ground.
Measuring from the wall, it must be parallel
Cyril Lapinig 10/26/14
Physics Lab/TA: Kelsey Tynes
Extended Lab Report
The purpose of the lab was to show the moment of inertia with different masses on a
fixed, rotating machine along the y-axis. The moment of inertia was found using
The pulley is frictionless for the entire range of weights that is being used. It can be
assumed because the pulleys are labeled as frictionless pulleys.
10 measurements was dec
Spacetime Diagram Lab
1. It will move at light second.
2. After 1 second of time, it will be light second away.
3. The slope of the line would be 2 light second per second.
4. If the speed was 0.8 c, the slope woul
Moment of Inertia Formal Lab
October 26, 2014
Purpose: The purpose of this lab is to determine the moment of inertia by using a Modified
Atwood Machine for a set of weights rotating around an axis by determining the moment of
1 Black Board
2. For this lab, we are using the black plank approximately 81.25 cm (+/- .01cm) long. This
board was used by lining one end from the origi
Double Pendulum Formal Lab
November 16, 2014
Purpose: The purpose of this lab can be broken down into three different parts. The first was to
determine the experimental period of a single pendulum by keeping the mas
Modified Atwoods Machine Lab
The horizontal distance between the track legs, l, was about 1.3 meters. The height of the
riser block, h, was about 0.17 meters.
mathematical model predic
x x2 x1 x2 x1
r y y2 y1 y2 y1
z z2 z1 z2 z1
dx dx / dt
v 1 dy dy / dt
dz dz / dt
d p d p d p .
pCM mtotal vCM
1 2 p2
where p mag p
dK dp cos v dp cos when dp