Biology unit 8
1.Are most invasive (exotic) species K-selected or r-selected species? Explain your choice and
why that makes sense in terms of their ecological success.
Invasive species are often said to be r-selected. Because they gr
A. Ionic bond- attraction between oppositely charge ions. Sodium ion and chloride
ion are held together to make salt.
B. Covalent bond- when two atoms share one or more pairs of outer shell electrons.
Carbon and hydrogen atoms combine to mak
April 22, 2017
1. Explain the four roles that DNA plays in cells? How are these roles influenced by DNAs
structure? Be sure you demonstrate your understanding of DNAs structure in your
1. Replication: DNA is able to create a cop
April 7 2017
1. Using the illustration below, indicate which answer is in the direction of water movement.
Answer is A
a. Water will move into the cell.
b. Water will move out of the cell.
c. There will be equal amounts of water moving in
1. Drowning, suffocation and carbon monoxide poisoning can lead to death because they all
prevent oxygen from reaching our cells. Explain how this lack of oxygen can lead to
death; be specific about how this lack of oxygen can affect ce
1. In _natural_ selection, individuals with both extreme forms of a trait are at a
2. The spotted touch-me-not, a flowering plant, has seed pods that burst open when touched and
forcefully eject their seeds
1 . There are two events that define a sexual life cycle: formation of haploid gametes (egg and sperm) via
Meiosis and fusion of gametes (fertilization) to form a diploid embryo. List and then describe two
Wound healing is a biological process which involves four overlapping phases occuring
sequentially - hemostatis, inflammation, proliferation and remodeling. These four phases need to
occur in the right sequence and time frame, which otherwise would result
Discussion Forum Assignment
1. Click on the link to the article (given below). If the link doesn't work, then send an
email to the instructor.
2. After reading the article, go to the forum and click on ADD A NEW DISCUSSION
TOPIC to make a post.