(a) How many disfluencies of each type did he produce in this sample?
In this sample, he produced 40 total Between-Word Disfluencies, including 24
interjections [I], 12 Revisions [R], 3 Phrase Repetitions [P], and 1 Other [O]. He
(a) Measure his disfluent speech rate, based on all intelligible utterances. Show your
calculations. Determine an average and range.
Average 236.03 Syllables per minute (spm)
Range 153 spm to 420 spm
1. 0:00 Six um [I] un [
1. Provide one instruction that a clinician working with an AWS could give to that client in a therapy
session for each component listed above. Actually script it out. For example for c above a
clinician could be teaching easy onsets and
Part 2: Pseudostuttering.
1. Describe the situation in which you stuttered and the events that occurred?
I chose to stutter when I was buying a pack of gum in the Minneapolis airport over spring break. I was a
little nervous and uncomfor
Part 1: SSI practice.
1. What is Isabellas percentage of syllables stuttered? What score would you assign for that
Isabellas percentage of syllables stuttered is 16.5% because out of 200 syllables, there were 33
1. Identify the episode you were assigned.
I was assigned episode number 317, which featured Jordon Smith.
2. What were the themes? That is, what key words were produced (key words = words produced
more than twice by the speakers
1. What is your percentage of agreement for total disfluencies combining both samples (i.e., for the
entire 200 words)? Briefly discuss the areas of disagreement and why they might have occurred.
We worked with three members in o
1. What might make this speaker highly normally disfluent in this audio
segment? I believe the speaker in this audio segment might be highly
normally disfluent because their speech sounded normal besides their
overuse of the word like and
Part I: BB
1. Code and count the disfluencies using the frequency/type form. Attach the
form to your lab when you hand it in.
2. How many stutters or within-word disfluencies does BB exhibit in this
100 word sample? Eleven (11)
3. How many between-
Goal Writing for Voice
MH is a 30-year-old female who works as a high school math teacher. The patient
reported constant hoarseness, which has been progressively getting worse over the past six
months. Results of laryngoscopy from an E
Assignment One - Case History
Your entire assignment should be 1 page or less. Please respond to the following two prompts.
The first requires a paragraph; the second requires a list of questions with explanations.
1) Summarize the information below into