Clawson, Ch 1 The Changing Face of Latin America Name:_Jade K Chang_ Date:_1/26/16_
1. Considering our vantage point from the United States and filtered through our media sources, identify
some of the issues/problems regarding our perception of Latin Amer
Intercontinental Bird Migrations
We are familiar with many species of birds, here in Wisconsin. In forests and roadsides
alike one can often hear their chirps, calls, and songs. We know t
Clawson, Chapter 10 Agriculture and Agrarian Development
Explain the following key words and answer the following questions
1. What is Waru Waru Agriculture?
It is digging a series of trenches and elevated beds in a wetland situation. The benefits are
Las-150 Sec 2
Discussion Questions for Chapter 8 Latin America as a Culture Region
1. What is machismo from a U.S. perspective?
a. A typical U.S. perspective of machismo is the conquest of women.
2. What are other aspect
Clawson Chapter 7: Race, Ethnicity and Social Class
1) Why are the population levels of Native Americans at the time of the Conquest such a
controversial topic? Because it speaks for how advanced of civilizations they lived
in, their cropping procedures,
Chapter 6 Political Change Discussion Questions
1. Who is Benito Juarez and what country is he associated with?
He is a pureblooded native president of Mexico who was liberal.
2. What was the Partido Revolucionario Institucional (PRI) (Institutionalized R
Clawson Chapter 5 Iberian Heritage, Conquest, and Institutions Name:
1. Which countries are located on the Iberian Peninsula?
Spain and Portugal
2. Who were the Moors?
Arab-Berber people who spread the teachings of Mohammed in Europe
3. How long wer
Clawson Chapter 4 Questions Natural Regions
Name: Derek Huebsch
1. What are the 9 types of natural regions addressed in this chapter? What characteristics
distinguish each type from one another?
1. Tropical Rainforest: Rain forest regions ar
Discussion Questions for Clawson Chapter 3 Weather and Climate
Name: Derek Huebsch Date:2/7/23
1. Which are the two most prominent aspects of climate?
2. The temperature associated with any given location in Latin America i
Discussion questions for Chapter 2 Landform Regions of Latin America and the
1. Name the three landform regions/structural zones of Latin America.
The Eastern Highlands, the central lowlands, and Western Alpine re
Clawson, Ch 1 The Changing Face of Latin America Name:_
1) Considering our vantage point from the United States and filtered through our media sources, identify
some of the issues/problems regarding our perception of Latin America?
Our perception i
Clawson Chapter 12 Homework Questions
Derek Huebsch 4.18.2013
1. What were the three largest pre-Columbian urban centers?
Chan Chan, Tenochititlan, Tikal
2. What privileges came with being a vecino?
The right to govern yourself, the right to petition, & p
Clawson, Chapter 11 Mining, Manufacturing, and Tourism
1. What kind of mining and manufacturing existed in the Americas prior to conquest?
Extraction of precious gems, gold, copper, textiles, pottery, large boats, items for war, and
2. Which prec