Sentence and Sentoid Structure
1. The students constructed the maze.
2. The maze was constructed by the students.
3. It was the students who constructed the maze.
4. It was the maze that the students constructed.
5. What the students did was to construct
a lexeme is a string of one or more morphemes - its meaning is not predictable from its parts
a morpheme is a form that represents a minimal unit of meaning
a morpheme is an abstraction that is realized in a particular context by an allomorph
will have taken
shall have taken
can have taken
may have taken
must have taken
would have taken
should have taken
A key building block for much linguistic theory is that native speakers have an
ability to judge the grammaticality of sentences in their language, that is, that
people know what is part of and what isnt part of their langua
Modern Linguistics Review
1) Represent the propositional structure of the four sentences below in at leas two levels
Ichabod is crazy about Bertha.
Its always important to protect yourself from crazy egomaniacs at work.
The president of th