MHR 388 Study Guide -Exam 1
MHR 388 HUMAN RESOURCE INFORMATION SYSTEMS
Exam Study Guide
This exam will draw equally from lectures, the Meade text, and the supplemental
articles. The exam will consist of matching, true/false, and multiple c
1. What are the four key competency domains, according to Brockback and
Ulrich, other than basic competency in HR technology?
o Learning to be apart of a strategy and participate in strategic
planning- Where do you want to be? What
HRIS: Human Resources Information Systems
HRIS is a software system that allows HR managers to capture, edit,
store, retrieve, and share information about human assets
Share information- managers and employees
Update and c
HRM Quiz 10- Chapter 11 & 13
1. Which of the following terms refers to all forms of pay or rewards going to
employees and arising from their employment?
B) employee compensation
C) wage reimbursement
D) employee benefits
Quiz 11- Chapters 9 & 17
1) Of the countries listed below, in which one do production workers receive the
lowest hourly wage?
2) What are formal, employee-elected groups of worker representatives that meet
monthly with managers to discuss topics
1. All of the following are effective methods of improving workplace safety
EXCEPT setting unreasonable but challenging safety goals.
2. Which of the following is the supervisor's primary role in safety?
conducting daily safety inspections of the workplac
Quiz 8 Chapter 15
6) Which of the following is a false statement about union membership?
A) Union members work in both blue-collar and white-collar industries.
B) Insurance plan benefits are better for union workers than for nonunion workers.
C) Union mem
Quiz 5 Chapter 10 Coaching, Careers, and Talent Management
1) Which of the following terms refers to educating, instructing, and training
Explanation: Coaching means e
Chapters 6 & 7 Quiz
2) A reliable employment test will most likely yield _.
A) consistent scores when a person takes two alternate forms of the test
B) improved scores when a person takes the same test more than once in a single day
C) high scores when a
In the global water budget, annual precipitation is greater than annual evapotranspiration
Evaporation is to condensation as deposition is to
The activation temperature of most ice-forming nuclei is _ 0 oC.
*c. well below
have numerous natural and human-related sources.
are relatively abundant downwind of urban-industrial a
1. Viewed from above in the Northern Hemisphere, surface winds about a
subtropical high blow
A: Clockwise and outward
2. Dry climates characterize the _ flank of subtropical highs.
3. A broad region of light winds or calm air prevails